Day one! April 18th.

Stbortko

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm starting today too!  Gonna steal the term Frexcited for sure.   Read the book, spent three weeks of preparing and planning, including cleaning out my fridge and pantry.  Woke up last night at 10pm and had a sugar craving - and wanted to have one last thing, only to discover there wasn't any in the house anymore (thankfully).     Happy to connect with others starting today and support each other.

Sara

Started yesterday, too. Or restarted I should say. I originally started 2 weeks ago,but I've been reading nutritional labels & not ingredient lists on some of my food choices. Result...there is turbinado sugar in my bacon & my sausage. Wahhhhh! I've had butter twice & have been using stevia. All that to say, I'm starting over. Yesterday was my new day 1.  If I'm going to do this, I want to do it right. Super clean eating from here on out. I did find a whole30 approved bacon at new seasons yesterday...woohoo!

I did this 2 years ago also, but looking back I don't think I did it to the tee. That is my new goal this time around.

This thread can be our support group.  This is my second Whole30.  I did one a year ago and really liked it.  I have been eating healthy this past year, but I wanted to do another complete Whole30.  I am so excited!!

I started yesterday, too.....First time trying the program - did my planning and cleaned out the pantry and fridge. Reading labels to see what would fit the program, I was shocked to see how much sugar is added to so many products. Feeling a little sluggish and tired but it seems to be the norm. I am determined to commit to the full thirty days!

How's everyone doing today? I am so sleepy again. I think I need to get much more sleep. I've had insomnia for years and would like to be able to stop taking sleep meds. This plan has made me much more tired.

I'd love to see what others are eating! I had a weird breakfast because I slept in and didn't have time to make my eggs and greens...

Breakfast: tuna with hard-boiled egg, a sweet potato, and some blackberries.

Lunch: I brought chicken, squash and tomatoes, avocado, and a salad with spinach, carrots, and bell pepper with a Whole 30-fied Olive Garden dressing

I'm doing pretty good today - still pretty tired in the AM, even though I'm getting a lot of sleep.  But I think my afternoon energy is a bit more stable, I'll keep an eye on it.

Yesterday I made a SUPER yummy dinner of Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice with Tandori Chicken and Coconut curry sauce.  Then I threw in gaucamole, carmalized onion and mango!  so very statisfying and made me happy.  Also I'm tracking my meals and recipes on instagram so you can see it there if you want @sarasurfergirl.

This morning I did eggs with some slow cooked kalua pork and hot sauce.  Lunch is pork tacos with mango, gauc and onions

April 18th was also my first day.  I am looking forward to the challenge. I am an older adult female and although I have generally been a "healthy" eater most of my life, I have found that I have put on "weight" in all the wrong places.  I am hoping to lose the belly fat as I get "reset".  I think my biggest challenge will be no alcohol .. Wish me luck!!!!

Hi y'all! Started Monday as well.

I've been having a hard time with the early breakfasts. Don't like that full feeling! Hopefully it will pass.

I survived dinner out with friends last night.

Feeling energized today for some reason.

Lunch today was random: olives, turkey slices, avocado, and a small tomato.

Looking forward to steak and sweet potato tonight!

Hey you guys mind if I join this thread?  Day one for me April 20th---I'm getting the feeling most people start this in the beginning of the week. ;)   You all will just be a few days ahead of me-so I'll know whats coming!   Can't believe how hungry/sluggish I am (have a headache) already and it's just the first day.  Gonna stick with it--here's hoping THAT doesn't hang on for a whole 30 days... :D

I am trying to lose weight and just had a great salad with lots of olives, then I looked at the nutritional information and saw how many calories there were, YIKES!!! I need to be careful not to overdue.

Hello everyone! My name is Rebecca and, while I've been familiar with the Whole30 program for a couple years when I read "It Starts With Food", I just committed to and started the program on Monday, April 18th.  The first day was fine but I definitely experienced detox symptoms yesterday: frequent trips to the bathroom and a slight headache.  But today is Day 3 and I feel better.  Slept very well, too. I'm realizing the extreme importance of meal planning for the week, as evidenced by my anxiety spike last night as I planned what I was cooking for dinner tonight.  Fortunately, it all worked out and the wife and I will be doing our meal planning each weekend for the following week. 

Hey you guys mind if I join this thread?  Day one for me April 20th---I'm getting the feeling most people start this in the beginning of the week. ;)   You all will just be a few days ahead of me-so I'll know whats coming!   Can't believe how hungry/sluggish I am (have a headache) already and it's just the first day.  Gonna stick with it--here's hoping THAT doesn't hang on for a whole 30 days... :D

YEA!!!  I actually started on April 19th.  Feeling hungry/sluggish means it is working.  That phase did not last long for me during my first W30.  

Bzh,

It's not about calories. Follow the food template. Before my restart I was at day 21. The only thing I looked at were ingredients. By the second week I felt better and was sleeping better then I had in a very long time. Make sure you get enough protein and fluids.

I also started on April 18th,  my kids and husband are not doing it with me.  I made them a totally non compliant dinner,  it's really hard not to taste the cheese and breads I am making for them!  So far I am not feeling too bad.  I have had some potatoes every day.  I made some egg muffins with shredded sweet potato egg sausage and swiss chard.  They are quick to reheat so I have something to eat while my kids are eating their waffles or cereal.  

Archived