Day one! April 18th.

Stbortko

Good morning...

Beckah

I am sorry you were having a rough day yesterday.  My daughter did this last year and she was in tears right about this tine in the program.  Its one of the reasons it took me a year to start it because she was almost depressed about it.  BUT, she has pretty significant PMS so she "chalked it up" to that.  after a few days she was better and completed the program.  She's been able to maintain better eating habits since then.  Hang in there...we've come so far.  I bought the cookbook WELL FED and many of the recipes are from www.meljoulwan.com - Melissa is basically my idol now.  Im getting WELL FED2 (I'm hoping for Mother's day) and everything is Whole30.  I also just bought AGAINST all GRAIN by Danielle Walker.  Another good book but not all of it is Whole30.  Also Pinterest has good whole30 recipes....I just made a Sweet potato topped Shepard's Pie which was very good.  Just watch Pinterest....you have to read the recipes to verify it really is Whole30.  Good luck...I sincerely hope today is a better day and  you were able to get great rest.

My whole 30 is going well.  I feel relaxed even though Ive had no kitchen for two days.  I planned and made food to heat in the microwave so i dont feel panicked....I made the spinach and egg frittata, a double batch of the sweet potato shepherds pie, grilled up chicken breast and pre-sauteed and steamed veggies.  the prep was a lot for me in the middle of the week and I was sort of pissed off while doing it.  BUT I am very thankful I did.  I felt prepared and relaxed and by late this evening, I will have my kitchen back.  

Mother's day I usually make a very large fancy brunch, with ALL the goodies (home baked goods) etc.... but not this time.  I am doing brunch, but making Chilled peel and eat shrimp (compliant cocktail sauce), Grilled steaks with eggs topped with hollandaise sauce, roasted potatoes and butternut with fennel fennel.  Sliced melons.  Iced tea and coffee.  I will serve Champagne and juice for others.

I dont think anyone would guess it's a "Special Diet" although most know I have "gone off the deep end" with my eating.

In terms of health...My severe reflux issues are a real problem. Even though i tried to get off the meds this past week, I am back to half doses because I am just not healed and in severe pain.....maybe after 60 or 90 days I can try again.  I hope it is able to heal.  Reading so many "testimonies" from Whole30 many people say theirs did heal through this eating style,  so I am hopeful.  I also bought another book called Dropping acid which further goes into healing the acidic system.

I worked out again yesterday and felt AMAZING again both during and after the workout.  I dont feel like I really need to eat before or after like I used to.  But when I get out at 5PM  I do want dinner pretty promptly by 6:30 - otherwise Im starving.

Have a good day everyone!!!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omigosh--so the crazy dream definitely applies to me right now. I've not been able to recall them much after I wake up--until this morning!  I vividly remember eating like 3 different things that are non-compliant!!   Without really realizing it.  Of course I realize what I've done right before I wake up and I'm like OH NO!! :o  :lol:

Beckha--I'm relating on the fatigue thing.  Not sure what it is but after supper (and even during) I just couldn't get myself to do much except lay on the couch. :unsure: I hate that as Saturday evening is one of the only times my family and I are together and --honestly I was too tired to do ANYTHING with anyone. Boo. I'm not giving up though!  We'll see what happens!  There's a lot of 30 yet to wake up the awesome.

Yesterday was a little rough on me also.  I found myself thinking about all the stuff I used to buy at the grocery store when I was feeling sad, etc.  I think I was just "bored" with the program...so I looked up some compliant recipes and made a great dinner.  So glad that passed.  The dream phase is also so true.  OMG I had some doozies last night.  More like nightmares.  

Energy-wise I feel great. I am able to keep up with my "normal" routine, so I am happy about that.

I have a bit of a dilemma though, on Day 30 I have a BD "party" which probably will not have any compliant food available and also it is a group of women who socialize with wine and a great cocktail.  I have already planned to continue whole30 (slightly modified) as a lifestyle but I want to celebrate some this night.  Would it be awful if I made it 29 3/4th and then had my glass of wine and possibly some noncompliant food.

Checking in today....Mother's day was awesome.  The meal was great and my daughter said she never would have known it was whole30 compliant.  I did buy a  hippy-dippy organic cake for them (we didnt eat it) and they had champagne....I had a little apple cider in a bit of club soda with strawberry - fancy looking and tasted and looked good in my champagne glass....

I did get up on Sunday at 6AM to prep the week....after brunch and all day entertaining, I knew I wouldnt want to do it.  So I made a double batch of mayo, two kinds of dressings, grilled 8 chicken breasts, baked sweet potatoes, par-cooked 4 different veggies, made scotch eggs and some additional hard boiled, sliced up celery, jicama, and mini bell peppers and prepped cauliflower rice.  WHEW....

Then I did brunch.  You would think Id be exhausted....but I got through it all, and i didnt crash or feel exhausted or cranky.  When everyone left I celebrated with 20 minutes in the sauna, and a homemade facial !!  I felt so good that I got through the day feeling great.

Tonight I had to prep my husband for a 6 hour meeting where there will be lots of terrible foods tomorrow....donuts, cookies, non-compliant lunch, etc, etc, etc,,,,so he is armed with all his foods.  Plus I made 3 bottles of ketchup (and it's GOOD) from the cookbook WELLFED2 cookbook I got for mothers day.!

I feel very accomplished and it's becoming more of a habit to prep foods weekly - boy does it help.

Well, off to relax and then start it again tomorrow.

Checking in today....Mother's day was awesome.  The meal was great and my daughter said she never would have known it was whole30 compliant.  I did buy a  hippy-dippy organic cake for them (we didnt eat it) and they had champagne....I had a little apple cider in a bit of club soda with strawberry - fancy looking and tasted and looked good in my champagne glass....

I did get up on Sunday at 6AM to prep the week....after brunch and all day entertaining, I knew I wouldnt want to do it.  So I made a double batch of mayo, two kinds of dressings, grilled 8 chicken breasts, baked sweet potatoes, par-cooked 4 different veggies, made scotch eggs and some additional hard boiled, sliced up celery, jicama, and mini bell peppers and prepped cauliflower rice.  WHEW....

Then I did brunch.  You would think Id be exhausted....but I got through it all, and i didnt crash or feel exhausted or cranky.  When everyone left I celebrated with 20 minutes in the sauna, and a homemade facial !!  I felt so good that I got through the day feeling great.

Tonight I had to prep my husband for a 6 hour meeting where there will be lots of terrible foods tomorrow....donuts, cookies, non-compliant lunch, etc, etc, etc,,,,so he is armed with all his foods.  Plus I made 3 bottles of ketchup (and it's GOOD) from the cookbook WELLFED2 cookbook I got for mothers day.!

I feel very accomplished and it's becoming more of a habit to prep foods weekly - boy does it help.

Well, off to relax and then start it again tomorrow.

Oh my gosh!!  That's inspiring!!   I will echo you not feeling tired, cranky etc!  I think I'm on day 23 today ( I haven't really been keeping track-which is a good think I think!)  The last 2 days I would say I have gone to bed and not absolutely crashed from being exhausted. Likewise I've also woke up to my alarm and didn't feel I had to peel my eyelids open those last 2 days.  WOW!  Those two victories alone are worth it.  I also would benefit from weekly prep--something I get to do in all areas of my life--be more intentional and PLAN AHEAD!!  That's truly half the battle right there. And then having a back up plan when plan A gets rearranged.  As long as I have healthy/compliant food around I'll eat that.  It's not so much that I seek to eat junk--it's just what's there!  When I'm hungry I just want to eat-and fast. The key to maintenance for me will be to have those healthy snacks/meals around and really pre-planning what I'm eating and feeding my family that day.  I'm such a newbie to whole 30--I will probably keep this going for awhile.  My husband asked me what food I was gonna have first when I could --but I can't think of one thing I want bad enough to want to bust this up for.  I wouldn't say I have boundless energy or Tiger's Blood--but I'm feeling pretty darn good.  And hello chicken salad with compliant mayo grapes and chopped celery is so dang good!  All these simple things that I'm thinking--why haven't I been doing this before?!?

Oh my gosh!!  That's inspiring!!   I will echo you not feeling tired, cranky etc!  I think I'm on day 23 today ( I haven't really been keeping track-which is a good think I think!)  The last 2 days I would say I have gone to bed and not absolutely crashed from being exhausted. Likewise I've also woke up to my alarm and didn't feel I had to peel my eyelids open those last 2 days.  WOW!  Those two victories alone are worth it.  I also would benefit from weekly prep--something I get to do in all areas of my life--be more intentional and PLAN AHEAD!!  That's truly half the battle right there. And then having a back up plan when plan A gets rearranged.  As long as I have healthy/compliant food around I'll eat that.  It's not so much that I seek to eat junk--it's just what's there!  When I'm hungry I just want to eat-and fast. The key to maintenance for me will be to have those healthy snacks/meals around and really pre-planning what I'm eating and feeding my family that day.  I'm such a newbie to whole 30--I will probably keep this going for awhile.  My husband asked me what food I was gonna have first when I could --but I can't think of one thing I want bad enough to want to bust this up for.  I wouldn't say I have boundless energy or Tiger's Blood--but I'm feeling pretty darn good.  And hello chicken salad with compliant mayo grapes and chopped celery is so dang good!  All these simple things that I'm thinking--why haven't I been doing this before?!?

Thanks Smittymom! 

YAY!  DAY 26!!  it's gone so fast.....

So we are painting our house this week.....who knew this process took 2 whole weeks?  YIKES.  it's very stressful....But I feel like Im handling things so much better, not upset or having anxiety attacks (which would have been normal) so this is good.  Also work is stressful, and usually about once a week or so I just cry (I know....but it relieves stress and I work out of my house mostly) but not in the last 2 weeks!  So my reaction to being stressed and overwhelmed is very positive.  Working out in the gym last week and this week has been great and I feel AMAZING - I don't know about tiger blood but certainly I have been more focus and have been pushing it harder - I only needed a bit of protein after one workout so I had a compliant meat stick (10 grams of protein) and that took care of it.

Pre-planning and doing the Sunday "cook up" as (Melissa Joulwan of Well Fed says)  has saved my life for two weeks.  Best laid plans ya know?  STUFF always happens to thwart my plans.  THANKS GOODNESS I have had food ready and waiting to be on the table in 10 minutes or less!   

I LOVE my compliant mayo and so LOVE chicken salad (with grapes!)  and egg salad on little baby peppers, Jicama, celery or cucumber.  SO GOOD. 

Even though we are on day 26, I am not hungry when I first wake up.  I get up at 3:30AM, start work at 4AM.  I just cannot eat...don't want to ....and refuse to force myself to.  So I wait till I am hungry - usually when normal people are at about 7AM.  Then I am fine and almost never want lunch but I try to eat around 1'ISH.  if I didn't I would be starving by 4...too early for dinner.

Due to my stomach issues, I will follow all the strict rules until I can get off my meds and my system heals a bit so for me it might be a whole60 or 90 - but really with some exceptions I will have to stay eating compliant like this so I don't upset the "apple Cart".  But like you I have no idea what I would really want to "blow it" for....except maybe a little bit of natural honey in my tea....maybe I'll add that back.  But for the foreseeable future, this will be the way I eat!

Weight loss?  Im not sure.  I feel thinner, but I don't think it's too much.....I am going to get on the scale next week and every 30 days thereafter to see results...we'll see.

It's the home stretch for most of us!  only 4 days left!  Can wait to hear everyone's results next week! 

Hi all - been quiet over here and doing well, but I'm having a hard day after a challenging week.  Last saturday I started to come down with a cold - horrific sore throat, three days later I ended up at the doctor for a strep culture (which still hasn't come back).   Every day is just like the last, I'm not getting better from this cold.  All in my throat and to boot my ears are now completely clogged up as well.  FInally yesterday my doctor told me to start taking antibiotics, given that I'm not improving, but getting worse over time.

And today my stomach.  Holy wow - I feel awful - I'm bloated like I was before I started this whole thing (I used to be like that all the time).  I can't even believe I used to live feeling this way, but not that it had been gone for weeks and come back, I realize how horrible it really is!

So I'm completely and utterly tired of being sick with this cold or sinus/ear infection.  Now to boot my stomach is likely to be not happy while i finish these antibiotics - which is so frustrating one the last few days as I've been feeling amazing.   I'm going to stick with it and realize, this too will pass.  And try to focus on how much good came from realizing a bloated icky tummy is no way to live life.  But boy it's rough.

• Moderators

Do you have any bone broth or the fixings to make some?  That will help immensely with the antibiotics... also Kombucha will help your good gut bacteria too so the antis don't do too much damage.

Sorry you're feeling horrible... that's no fun :(

Can't believe we are almost done with the first 30 days.  I generally feel great!!! So proud that I have conquered the "snacking dragon".  I know I have lost weight but I don't think I will get on the scale.  The NSV are very obvious and I am afraid if I see the number I will get depressed.  It is all about the way I feel.  My plan is to try and stay 90% compliant.  I know I will most likely reintroduce wine but other than that there is not really anything I have truly missed during this time.

Hi all - been quiet over here and doing well, but I'm having a hard day after a challenging week.  Last saturday I started to come down with a cold - horrific sore throat, three days later I ended up at the doctor for a strep culture (which still hasn't come back).   Every day is just like the last, I'm not getting better from this cold.  All in my throat and to boot my ears are now completely clogged up as well.  FInally yesterday my doctor told me to start taking antibiotics, given that I'm not improving, but getting worse over time.

And today my stomach.  Holy wow - I feel awful - I'm bloated like I was before I started this whole thing (I used to be like that all the time).  I can't even believe I used to live feeling this way, but not that it had been gone for weeks and come back, I realize how horrible it really is!

So I'm completely and utterly tired of being sick with this cold or sinus/ear infection.  Now to boot my stomach is likely to be not happy while i finish these antibiotics - which is so frustrating one the last few days as I've been feeling amazing.   I'm going to stick with it and realize, this too will pass.  And try to focus on how much good came from realizing a bloated icky tummy is no way to live life.  But boy it's rough.

OH no!  So sorry you are sick. I was sick like that at the beginning of the year and was sick for 3 months on and off - it's one of the many reasons i decided on whole 30.  I took powerful probiotics during my 4 courses of antibiotics which helped (I think) But LIke you I was always feeling icky...so who knows.  I didnt actually start feeling 100 percent until I started this program.

For me...things are purring right along..... I will be continuing down this path...no dairy, no grains, no bad preservatives, no corn or corn products, not legumes - we like the food and are used to it.  I wish, but cant add any alcohol back due to my stomach problems so that out anyway.  no added sugars etcl..  But the only thing I really want is honey.  I like some in my tea.  Funny, I got used to black coffee no problem, but not black tea....and for use in dressings once and a while.  Today is the shopping tomorrow is the prep again.  I sooooo see the value in spending a couple of hours on Sunday to prep - I would not be able to do this without my Sunday cook up.  My travel schedule is going to explode over the next 8-9 months - so I will have to Plan how to eat and plan meals for my husband before I leave.  This will be a challenge!  but Im up for it and dont really have any choices.  Interesting, I guess the whole30 is taking hold in my area - there is a caterer who is specializing in deliverable whole30 meals.....I hear they are very expensive, but in a pinch i think I might use them if I mess up planning down the road.

Good luck everyone!  3 days to go...

Just checking in on day 29!  Congrats to everyone who has come this far!!

Best laid plans....I meant to go shopping on Saturday, but one thing after the other and well, that didnt happen.  SOOO, i was up early on Sunday to do all the shopping then came home to pack it all away.  But I couldn't do the prep-cooking because we had somewhere to be.  Got home at 4PM and THEN started the cooking prep for the week.  UGGH.  I was so not in the mood but I did it (including our dinner for the night) and finally sat down at 7PM.  That was hard.  I think I cannot let life get in the way anymore.  I will be up and at the markets by 7 AM on Saturdays.  Then up early on Sunday morning to do the prep.  Id rather get it done than worry it wont get done or disrupt a great Sunday by 2 hours of cooking!  Especially when the heat of the summer is here. EARLY cooking will be the key.

For me, I will be keeping along the method of whole30, even with my horrific travel schedule coming up. This time I wont be at a conference and I will have a kitchen in my hotel room to fix my compliant meals.

Just this past week I started feeling really good.  Not so draggy and tired, workouts were great and my skin feels better - Sleep is good, but I naturally just wake up after 6 hours.  Saturday morning I kept forcing myself back to sleep and realized - "this is stupid...just get up!".  I am handling the stress of my job SO MUCH BETTER, I no longer feel depressed or overwhelmed about nothing and FINALLY this week my reflux feels more in control.  I may try to get of the meds again next week (currently taking half) - I think in another week or two I will feel the tiger!

Hope everyone is doing amazing!  Please post your Whole30 results and wins!, Id love to read about them!

Hi Everyone!

I cannot believe it's day 30 tomorrow! Does anyone else think it has flown by? Seems like last week I was just starting to get to grips with my first W30 menu plan and shopping list!

I can definitely see why the book says day 28's reaction is "28 is as good as 30". It was so beautifully sunny here and I'd worked super hard all week (work work and then W30 prep/cooking etc) that I could easily have given it all up and eaten out somewhere. We didn't though. I got back from my dog walk and cooked the meal I'd planned (taco salad with homemade ranch dressing) and it was gorgeous :)

What are people's plans for reintroduction? We're going to following the 10/12 day plan laid out in the book. I think that takes us to day 42 (and strangely enough right to my 40th birthday :)).  The main motivator for me was about working out what causes my tummy issues so I'm interested to test somethings and see what their affect is. I have to say though..... I can't wait for dairy day. I still miss cheese! LOL.

Upsides for me have been:

- clearer skin

- clothes fit better (I'm certain I've lost weight but haven't give in to the scales. I'll check on Wednesday).

- better sleep

- able to get up without snoozing

- no IBS pain

- more even energy levels

- a slayed sugar dragon (walked past the bakery section in the supermarket without giving it a second glance!)

- no snacking in the day

- much better understanding of my relationship with food

- realistic and accurate hunger cues

I've found the food choices easier than I expected, and not really restrictive. There have been some, if not downsides then not-so-upsides:

- time suckage (I feel like I've spent hours either food, preparing, shopping for, planning or thinking about Whole30 food!)

- my kids don't like me very much due to the lack of anything remotely snack worthy (in their eyes) in the house  ;)

- my moods have sometimes been a little erratic (whole new meaning to "hangry"!

- I'm going to have to buy new trousers ;)

Overall I've really enjoyed the challenge and I think we'll continue with a predominately whole30/paleo diet from now on (regardless of how the reintro goes). I know there are a few things I will likely bring back (to save my sanity more than anything) but it's little things like stock cubes (ones that are pretty good but have a couple of non-compliant ingredients (like maize flower). Mostly I think I'll enjoy knowing that if I really want something that's non-compliant I can weigh up the risk and eat it if I'm prepared to deal with the aftermath. A far better food relationship mindset than I had previously where I would just mindless eat whatever I wanted/whatever was about.

Hope everyone is hanging in there till the end.

TTFN

I'm on day 27 and I totally agree with all of the above!  I will continue to eat this way as much as possible--the food prep! Ahh!  But it's so much better for me-I know a few quick (healthy) things that can get me by in a pinch so I'm thankful for that!

My NSV's include

*not snoozing when it's time to get up!  That's a big one--I can get up and am truly ready to start my day!

* my clothes are definitely starting to fit better.

* don't have the low blood sugar crashes

* swelling is greatly decreased-my rings fit great!

*I don't have the *energy I've heard of but I definitely have more endurance!

*I definitely look like I've lost weight-especially in my face-a combo of weight loss and swelling decrease I'm sure. :)

*I definitely have a better relationship with food and have eaten a lot more protein!

My kids don't like me much either!  But it just makes their 'treats' extra special.  I love that they are consuming less sugar!

I'm still struggling with a coconut milk brand that's good.  The Thai kitchen I got has a crazy aftertaste.  Blech.  Then I  got one with JUST coconut milk (no guar gum) and it was super clumpy and not matter how much I whipped it would never get smooth.  (Maybe guar gum helps with that?)  Anyhoo--I would take suggestions!

My goal is to work on making more of my own condiments/dressings etc so I don't feel like it's so restrictive.  In a pinch asking for a lemon to squeeze over my salad works great.  They always have  lemons around a kitchen. ;)

Not sure about reintroduction--going keep going awhile.  I better read that chapter!!

It's Day 30 people!! We made it!! Hopefully we're all unscathed!

I've ended up inadvertently getting weighed today (I've been to the doctors for a girlie check up today which also involves BP and weight check by the nurse). I would have weighed tomorrow anyway so not too bothered. I knew I'd shed some weight but turns out I've lost 13lbs!! So pleased with that. Coupled with all the NSVs I've seen I'm definitely calling this lifestyle change a success. We're starting reintroduction tomorrow but I firmly believe it'll be a predominantly paleo way of life for us from now on.

Hope everyone else is feeling happy with their results and motivated to carry on.

TTFN

Mariek and Smittymom - you guys are an inspiration!

Mariek - 13 pounds!  what an AWESOME RESULT!!

Even though I have been feeling good I have to say that yesterday at the gym for the first time I felt like I had real TIGERS BLOOD....Lifted heavier, endurance was better and I was SOOOOO keenly focused that I didnt even realize when the circuit was done!!  I burned an extra 150 calaories (based on heart monitor) than I did previous to Whole30.  So I was SUPER THRILLED.

TODAY however, i woke up with on the "wrong side of the bed" - probably the most cranky Ive EVER been....have no idea why.  I didnt sleep well last night but for the first time in two weeks, I feel like I want to hurt anything and everyone in my way.....Ive taken some Magneisum (the Calm product) and that hasnt helped.  I have no idea why I feel like this today.

But onward and upward.  No re-introduction for me at least for next two months or so....(maybe never)

Congrats you two!

I am so proud that we have made it 30 days!!!  Yippee !!! I am not planning on getting on the scale but I am sure that I have lost weight. The scale always depresses me so I really see no reason to be controlled by a number.  I plan on continuing the meal plan indefinitely as I feel awesome and really only have missed my wine.  When I reintroduce that I feel confident that I will be able to be moderate in the use.  Congrats to all!!!

Congrats to everyone!  

I am not stopping, but continuing on with this plan...for me it was about health (Blood pressure and severe reflux) - I need to get off all meds and stay on a plan that keeps me healthy.  It was never about weight loss.  EVER.  Although I could stand to lose substantial weight.  

But my clothes were fitting looser, I felt lighter and I got excited about it so I stepped on the scale today and so did my husband.  We both wish we had not done so.  BZH - you are a smart cookie!!  Both my husband and I lost 6 lbs each....and while that's good, I've lost more than that the first week on Weight Watchers!  We were both so disappointed and then we both said (almost at the same time)...maybe we should DIET too on top of working the program....start counting and restrict calories, dont use condiments, only eat chicken breast....then we said...NO!  We need to push this out of our heads and just continue on like we were going to in the first place!  Because we have bigger fish to fry.  I am not sure I will ever get back on the scale again.....Im not exaggerating or being emotional.  The response was so immediate in terms of disappointment and instant depression - we were both surprised by our reactions.  We should be thankful because this equates to 1.5 pounds a week and in 52 weeks that could potentially be 78 pounds!  I dont have 78 pounds to lose, but I'd like to lose 30.  So....24 to go. But what is the point of the scale if you feel good, you're healthy and you like how your clothes fit?

That scale might end up in the trash today.

Mariek - your weigh loss results are spectacular! 

Happy RE-INTRODUCTION WEEK for most of you!

Congrats to all of you. Do not get discouraged by what the scale says. If you feel great, better, less achy, or not achy at all, that is a major win. My son lost 23 lbs on whole30, and I don't know how much because the only thing I did was to measure my arms, legs, tummy, chest, etc in different spots, and I had a huge loss of body fat after the first month. If you have been dieting a lot, your body remembers that and will not let go of that fat, and with more time eating this way, the fat will melt away, I can assure you. In one year, I lost more than 30kgs and I only knew that because my OBGYN had me step on the scale. I have taken away the training wheels a while ago, and know the triggers my body reacts too, and I will avoid those at any costs. The longer you stay on the program, the more your brain will change, which I found was the key for the success I experienced. The brain reset, and the taste is reset.... A lots of things just don't taste as good as I remember, so why bother eating them just because they are being served.

Omigosh!  Such great experiences from all of you!!  I wasn't thrilled by my scale either-but it wasn't a super setback for me either.  I've always been heavy for my size-my whole life--I chalk it up to solid bones (?) and a muscular build. :P  There are worse things.  I lost 7 lbs.--which is awesome--I love the way my body looks now that my waist is smaller and my tummy isn't bloated!  Like Shellbells said--in 3 months that could be 21 lbs!  :rolleyes:  The only thing I still really want from before is our little bakery's donuts ^_^   other than that--I'm not craving much (except more time in my day to do food prep!) lol.  I'm still struggling with super fatigue I gotta be honest.  I can jump out of bed in the morning--and also when I go to bed I'm not super exhausted like before.  But during the day I feel like I could drop and take a nap at any given time!  (I am NOT a napper)  So will have to look into what else could be causing this.  That's another reason I want to stay on this longer-to see if I'm one of those chronic stress people that needs a little more time to get the  full effect. (My sis would say I am!)  Overall feeling extremely accomplished after having completing this, as most people I explain it to think I'm completely nuts!  But until you want to get serious about your health and well-being--you would never attempt something like this. So kudos to all of you as well--way to take on your health!! :)  :)

Keep me posted as to how your re-introduction is going!  I'd love to hear what feedback people are hearing from their own bodies.  I'm a little nervous to try anything off-plan!

Well, legume reintroduction was an eyeopener, that's for sure.

We reintroduced legumes on Wednesday. Baked beans with breakfast (literally about 3 forkfuls, I couldn't eat them, they were so sweet!), a tablespoon of peanut butter with an apple and some peas with dinner.

I felt find Wednesday but woke up Thursday morning feeling absolutely shocking. All of my joints ached (down to my smallest knuckles), I had a headache, was sluggish as anything and had stomach cramps on and off all day. Bad, bad legumes!!

I was genuinely surprised by the reaction as of all the things I didn't really thing they'd bother me. Just goes to show you never know.

Thankfully after 2 days back on W30 plan I'm feeling back to the new me. Phew!

It was almost enough to swear me off any more reintro but I'm keen to see what does and doesn't work for me so I can plan going forward with a good solid dietary plan.

Non-gluten grains tomorrow so we're having gluten free oats with breakfast, some rice with dinner and corn tortillas with taco meat for lunch. We'll see how that goes.

Still holding out for dairy day. Did I mention I miss cheese? Lol.

Hope everyone else is going okay.

Ttfn

• Moderators

Congrats to all of you who finished and had such amazing results! Good for you all for sticking it out even through the hard parts and being triumphant at the end!

If you want to stick together and do re-intros, we have a whole Post Whole 30 section of the forum with re-intro threads. We respectfully ask that you do your re-intro discussion on those boards to keep these ones 100% Whole30 compliant for anyone new that comes along and only reads the most recent posts and sees glorious posts about peanut butter toast and ice cream... that can be confusing!

Let me know if you need a hand finding or starting a new thread to keep your group together... usually one person starts one and then posts the link here!

Congrats again guys! Big acheivement!

Smittymom, meriek and everyone else!  I would like to stick together on another board.....you all had Great results and I am intrigued about all your re-introductions.  I am feeling better about my 6 pounds these last couple days.  I am not re-introducing anything but gum - and that isnt bothering me. The rest is just all the same and yes, I too wish i had more prep time...

Sugar Cube....I would like to stick together....how do we make a thread the keep everyone together?

Archived