Day 1- 30 dinner recipes that my kids can eat with me

Krisbar88

Dislcosure: I'm not going to blow anyone's minds with these recipes. Just trying to come up with tasty, quick, filling dinners for my family and me without getting off track. 29 dinners to go!

Chicken Soup

- Sautée onions, garlic, carrots and ghee until soft

-add cubed chicken (left over from last nights roast chicken)

-add cubed red potato (baked the night before)

-add one box of organic chicken broth

-add parsley and a little salt to taste.

-simmer to for 30 minutes.

- added some cooked egg noodles to the kids before serving.

I made chicken soup for me and my kids tonight! It had onion, garlic, carrots, cauliflower and cabbage. My kids are eating most dinners as Whole30. Lunch definitely isn't but breakfast sometimes is for them. I feel like their veggie consumption has increased over the past two weeks even though they were offered just as many veggies before the Whole30. They just don't fill up on grains!

Hey,

You can try lettuce wraps with chicken or pork meatballs with veggies and mayo.You can even add boiled egg and mayo with some mustard.

I am sure kids will love assembling it together and eating with hands.
I made this for a party once and it was over before all guests arrived

post-91100-0-84717800-1461147921_thumb.j

post-91100-0-48409700-1461147934_thumb.j

Chhavi

www.foodcow.org

Day 2! Shrimp Stirfry

Sautéed garlic and onion in sesame oil

Add shrimp til pink

Add bag of organic stir fry veggies from fave grocery store. Mix includes- mushroom, onions, snow peas, water chestnuts, celery, broccoli and carrots

Added a little fish sauce (and pepper flakes to mine) before serving. Yum!

Day 8-

Cabbage spring rolls.

Sautée 1 garlic clove in sesame oil for 2 min

Add Chopeed onion, carrot, red pepper, shredded cabbage cook until soft.

Add chopped chorizo (compiliant brand, of course)

Reheat premade cauliflower rice, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic.

Steam head of cabbage. Once translucent, let cool and then peel off layers and cut tough veins and discard.

Add fish sauce (red pepper flakes and hot sauce optional).

Have everyone fill and wrap their own cabbages.

I was just thinking about finding a way to make spring rolls with a lettuce wrap! We seem to be on the same cooking wavelength.  :lol:

I hadn't thought about using steamed cabbage leaves - sounds brilliant. I usually make spring rolls with carrot, zucchini, tofu, mint, vermicelli noodles and peanut sauce. Loads of non-compliant things there.  :( I like the idea of using cauliflower rice to bulk it up instead of the noodles and tofu. I may even try some chicken. My second favorite dipping sauce is based on hoisin (contains soy) so I'm still struggling to find something for that part. But I'm inspired to give it a shot now!

Yes. Dipping sauces are tough! My husband and I put hot sauce on everything so that has been my go to and then the kids still just use sweet and sour, ketchup, bbq, honey, etc. Please let me know if you come up with any good concoctions. Thanks!

I'm going to make fish and chips with homemade tartar sauce tonight- I'll keep you posted

• Moderators

Have either of you tried Sunshine Sauce yet? It's based on peanut sauce, so that might be a good option. If you can't find a compliant sun butter, you can use almond butter or whatever compliant nut butter you can find. That site also has this Best Stir-Fry Sauce Ever, but I haven't tried it yet -- definitely leave out the honey during Whole30.

Archived