Anyone else get anxiety after reintroducing gluten/wheat?

gem

So I kind of had a little reintroduce binge which was stupid I know. On Monday I had pizza, cookies, pretzels with Nutella and today I'm having panic attacks again...anyone else find relief from anxiety during the whole 30 and after reintroduce anxiety came back?​

The panic attacks could be food related or related to the after emotion of the reintroduction binge. Regardless my advice would be to hop back on Whole30 until you feel as good as you did on the last day and make a well thought out plan for careful reintroductions. This will help you answer your question in a much more scientific way. You had way more then gluten/wheat in those items so it's hard to know what caused the panic attack.

I had/have the same reaction to gluten. Also find I don't sleep as well when I have it.

How long does it take to get the gluten back out of your system so you can get back to normal. I have been panic attack free for years. Did the whole 30 felt amazing reintroduced gluten and I got panic attacks worst then ever and it's been 5 days and I still don't feel like myself.

• Moderators

How long does it take to get the gluten back out of your system so you can get back to normal. I have been panic attack free for years. Did the whole 30 felt amazing reintroduced gluten and I got panic attacks worst then ever and it's been 5 days and I still don't feel like myself.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but when one has a reaction, it can last anywhere from a day to two weeks... that's why it's not spelled out how long to go back to Whole30 for if you've had a reaction... just to go back until you feel good again... I hope it's not two weeks for you... but just know it can take time... which may make gluten very very not worth it for you!

Thank you so much I thought I have been gluten free for a few days but I realized the gyro meat I ate last night is filled with gluten and the mcdonalds fries I had covered in gluten so today I am starting another whole 30. My first round I didn't think I was strong enough to give up cheese but this time I am going 100%.

Archived