Starting April 25. Anyone else?

ctgraham

Day 29! Yoo-hoo! Cannot believe 30 days are almost gone. I've learned a lot about some bad habits that I had/have. I'm going on vacation to wine country in a few weeks, so will not directly continue on with program.

I am going to do another round, but want to shift the focus. I was compliant the whole 30 days, but want to eat more balanced meals and rely less on potatoes. I used almost daily, switching between white and sweet potatoes.

Snacking (boredom) is still an issue and is shaping up to be a stronger addiction than I anticipated. I eat cashews with fruit when the cravings hit during the four hours I lay awake trying to fall asleep.

About a week ago, I started drinking 8+ glasses of water consistently and want to keep this forward.

I was also lethargic for most of the program. I plan to get my lab work done so I will know if medication needs to be adjusted. If medication needs to be changed and energy comes back, hopefully this will motivate me to work out more. Not sure if this is a chicken and egg thing.

Day 30 here we come!

I am with you. I had some bad habits too. One was coming home and snacking on chips and various other items.  I wasn't a big sweet eater but if we had something sweet I would snack on that and not eat a proper dinner.  I would still crave some cheese on my omelet or on my salad.  I am a chocolate fan-girl but I did pretty good with not craving it too often. 

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud and happy with this accomplishment! There were tough days and easy days, but 30 days are truly, honestly, completely done. I plan to do W30 maybe once a year, and do a few days or weeks at a time to be sure I keep/return on track. I feel better, I sleep better, my resting heart rate is lower, I lost 7 pounds. This was worth it. Congratulations to all of us. We are AMAZING!  :)

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud and happy with this accomplishment! There were tough days and easy days, but 30 days are truly, honestly, completely done. I plan to do W30 maybe once a year, and do a few days or weeks at a time to be sure I keep/return on track. I feel better, I sleep better, my resting heart rate is lower, I lost 7 pounds. This was worth it. Congratulations to all of us. We are AMAZING! :)

Well everyone I have made it through and today is day 31 for me.  I had some oatmeal this morning along with some eggs.  I put raisins and 2 strawberries and no sugar but I also put some regular butter in.  I missed oatmeal. I am doing the slow reintroduction to see how what affects me.  I am so glad I made it.  I had a pieluck at work and everything there had pasta or bread. It was horrible.  I made a shepherd's pie with lamb with mashed potatoes on top with cheddar cheese so I scraped the cheese off.  There was some fruit there that consisted of melons and pineapple so I could eat that.  I was so surprised cause there was no salad and no vegetable tray.  They had meatballs but they all had some sauce or gravy on them and one set of meatballs were beef and beef and my stomach don't like each other.  I made it through and I am glad that I had made a salad the day before so I was able to eat that.

A couple of days before my 30 was complete I had a very vivid dream. I ate I can't remember a piece of or whole snickers something. Right after I ate it I was like noooooooo :o  I have to start over but then I woke up and was like whew!!!  That dream was terrible cause I love snickers but haven't eaten one in a couple of months.

My friends who introduced this to me are trying to start again and want to recruit some of our other friends and 2 of my co workers my join me on this. 

Yay! to everyone who has made it through and much continued success. Once I finish with my reintroduction I will consider doing another 30.  I lost 6lbs so I am very happy and excited for the next phase.

I have not felt groggy or foggy so that is good.  I believe my allergies are not as severe as they normally would be.  I have not taken any allergy medicine.

I will also try to be more prepared and have a wider variety of veggies than before. :D

Congratulations to all! I'm so excited that I did it. Took lots of preparation and $$ to eat healthy, but worth it. I'm starting reintroduction today and will be trying beans to see how they effect me. I will be going on vacation and plan to stick close to the plan, except for wine. Not a big drinker, but when in wine country...

CONGRATULATIONS W30 Colleagues!  I'm so happy to read that there were so many of us who toughed it out!  This is super.  The hubs and I weighed in this morning!  I'm down 11 pounds and he's down 8!  I'm so happy to report that during this whole time I trusted the process and never was tempted to weigh.  Today I will put our scales away again, continue to on to my W60.  I have to say that as a career "dieter" I have never, not once gone 30 days without a single cheat or temptation.  I join the ranks of all of the others who've stated that W30 has truly changed my life.  I've exercised 6 days a week faithfully, my resting heart rate has gone down from 63 to 53 bpm, my body composition makes me looks like I've lost about 20 pounds, my nails are insanely strong, my skin glows and is so supple at 52 yrs old it's like it's reversing!  The biggest and best part I can mention here is how I feel.  I truly believed that I would never again see the days of my 5ks or reaching personal bests.  I was struggling to get through one 30 min exer stint.  I surely didn't realize the inflammation in my body.  I am so very grateful for finding W30 and the impact it's made on me personally.  Again, GREAT JOB everyone.  I'll be jumping on here reading of all of the other victories :-)  Please post if you intend to make this a W60 and we'll continue together. 

OMG! I lost 20 lbs!!!!! This is insane. I feel GREAT! I did my first Whole30 while finishing a Master's thesis (and graduating), getting a new job, planning an out-of-state move, and having to trust my mother to help me remotely find a new condo. Holy crap! I would normally have probably GAINED 20 lbs managing all of that at one time.

I ALSO NEVER WORKED OUT ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I injured my hip back in January, and I've been out of the gym ever since. That said, I am hoping to reintroduce working out to my routine, but the fact that I've seen so much improvement from sleeping better, to stronger, longer nails, to a pretty miraculous drop in weight, while eating whole meals everyday and never going hungry is INSANE! I also realized yesterday, while having a packing bonanza in my apartment, that I don't obsess over food these days. I'm not always thinking about what I'll eat, how I'll eat it, or how I hope eating will make me feel (or not feel), nor do I think about food or what I've eaten and feel shame or regret. That last bit is HUGE!!! Not once in the past 30 days have I recalled a prior meal or snack or binge and beaten myself up about it. This truly has been an amazing journey!!!

Holy geez!

Now...I am going to finally toast my new degree, new career, and new home this week. Probably more than once. But I will be starting another Whole30 next week after I assess how reintroducing alcohol makes me feel. I may also try to reintroduce beans and legumes...those are the only things I really missed doing W30 this first time around. I'd like to know how they impact my body so that I can make some informed decisions about what I can tolerate during future breaks in eating clean.

I'm totally freaking amazed today. On cloud 9!

OMG! I lost 20 lbs!!!!! This is insane. I feel GREAT! I did my first Whole30 while finishing a Master's thesis (and graduating), getting a new job, planning an out-of-state move, and having to trust my mother to help me remotely find a new condo. Holy crap! I would normally have probably GAINED 20 lbs managing all of that at one time.

I ALSO NEVER WORKED OUT ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I injured my hip back in January, and I've been out of the gym ever since. That said, I am hoping to reintroduce working out to my routine, but the fact that I've seen so much improvement from sleeping better, to stronger, longer nails, to a pretty miraculous drop in weight, while eating whole meals everyday and never going hungry is INSANE! I also realized yesterday, while having a packing bonanza in my apartment, that I don't obsess over food these days. I'm not always thinking about what I'll eat, how I'll eat it, or how I hope eating will make me feel (or not feel), nor do I think about food or what I've eaten and feel shame or regret. That last bit is HUGE!!! Not once in the past 30 days have I recalled a prior meal or snack or binge and beaten myself up about it. This truly has been an amazing journey!!!

Holy geez!

Now...I am going to finally toast my new degree, new career, and new home this week. Probably more than once. But I will be starting another Whole30 next week after I assess how reintroducing alcohol makes me feel. I may also try to reintroduce beans and legumes...those are the only things I really missed doing W30 this first time around. I'd like to know how they impact my body so that I can make some informed decisions about what I can tolerate during future breaks in eating clean.

I'm totally freaking amazed today. On cloud 9!

tammi2shoes I LOVE THIS!!!! RAVE ON GIRL!

If you can believe it, I didn't weigh myself this morning. I get too wrapped up in the number but I know I've lost because my pants are looser. 

Did anyone else have visions of what they would eat on day 31 but then get 'scared' to eat it lol? 

I had these plans of having all the foods including pancakes for breakfast. My damn debit card wouldn't work so my plans were foiled lol. I had a lemon loaf from starbucks instead and man was it ever sweet! I'm trying to stick to this plan for awhile longer cause I just feel better on it. 

Congrats everyone!

Day 31 for me! I lost 7 pounds and 1.5 inches in my hips! But what's better is I feel amazing. I am going to try to remain as Whole30 compliant as I can, but I am going to the beach this weekend for a bachelorette party and then I am going to the field for work for 3 weeks (which means living in a hotel). Any suggestions for how to survive (I seriously considered packing a crockpot in my luggage. lol)?

Congratulations to everyone! We did it!

Congratulations everyone! OMG BIG NEWS on results!!!!!! :D My coworker and I did this together for support. I weighed in on my home scale and our work scale before I started this. As of yesterday at home I had lost 17/18 pounds and at work I had lost 20 pounds, go figure. So I lost somewhere between the two. My coworker lost 22 pounds. Neither one of us worked out at all the entire month since we weren't before the Whole 30. We both wanted to see what the effects of the Whole30 were purely on its own. 

Since I know this is not ALL about the scale let me throw about what has me so excited today besides the weight. I just saw my blood work results from my health fair last week at work. Keep in mind this was done a little over three weeks into the program. 

• Total Cholesterol - Before - 204 / At 3 weeks 169 (Dropped 35 points)
  • Triglycerides - Before - 192 / At 3 weeks 129 (Dropped 63 points)
  • HDL - Before - 58 / At 3 weeks 52 (Dropped 8 points - this needs to stay up but it is still in a good range.)
  • LDL - Before - 108 / At 3 weeks 91 (Dropped 17 points)

I am still going to do my blood work again as scheduled tomorrow now that the 30 days are over since another week may have changed things again if three weeks changed them this much. Plus my glucose level doesn't make sense to me. Something is not right here. My Dad said it could have been my liver effecting my glucose and agrees I check it again. 

• Glucose - not fasting before it was 104 / fasting at 3 weeks and not eating sugar accept in fruits and Pomegranate juice and it was 114. 

I also would like to mention I had been on antidepressants for over 7 years. I started weening myself off of them back in January. It just so happened that the last pill ran out during week two of our Whole 30. My doctor wanted me to stay on the pills throughout this program, I said No. I am so happy I listened to myself. My mood has been so much better on this program and I haven't skipped a beat getting off of the last pill. Mother's Day was my last pill and I haven't even noticed that I stopped taking them. I made the right choice for me to stop taking them, how to do so and did not let myself get bullied by my doctors to stay on them. I sincerely mean that. I was asked by three doctors why I wanted off of the med. I told them all the same thing. Antidepressants are meant to be a crutch, not a lifestyle. I went on them all of those years ago because of a horrible situation I was going through. It was time to get off the crutch. That storm has passed. However, you would think I was breaking up with a drug dealer or a pimp by the way these doctors are pushing trying to keep you on a med. They couldn't understand me wanting to not be on it. Seriously! It is a brain altering chemical. I would like to have my own brain back please. 

A few nights ago I went through the list of Non-scale victories in the book and checked off with a pencil all of the things that applied to me from this past month. To see all of the checks of positive outcomes from doing this program is truly fantastic! Before I began this my biggest concern was 'can I do this?' I have been someone who has a history of doing things 90% of the way so many times. I also thought I could never give up sugar for a month or bread for a month much less all of these things combined. Completing this COMPLETELY and proving to myself that I am capable of doing this with not just one thing but several things means more to me than I can possibly put into words.  :D  :D  :D

Yesterday I chose grains as my Day 1 of reintroduction. Honestly it did not go great. I had a gluten free roll with chicken salad on it for breakfast. My stomach was a bit upset. I did however notice that I did not chew as well eating a sandwich as I did eating the meals I was that were in non-sandwich form. This could have been a result of the pain in the gut or perhaps not. Lunch was a taco from a local place. It was a soft corn tortilla with guac, gabbage, pork, and salsa, that was it. It also did not sit 100% great but I also noticed the same thing about my chewing. I chew better with my salads. Another note to self. Dinner was a dinner out for a friends birthday at Kobe. I was so excited. I was finally going to be able to have rice again. I ordered the filet mignon & shrimp with steamed rice. It is all cooked in front of you so I know there was no dairy but there was definitely soy happening. By the time dinner was over I was not well. I only ate half my dinner and spent too much time in the bathroom last night with an upset stomach. I don't know if it was dinner alone or the accumulation of the day. I am going to eat my leftovers tonight for dinner. If I get sick again I will know it was Kobe for sure versus the whole day of grains. My stomach is still not completely happy this morning. 

Lastly (I know this is a long post, sorry) after my stomach did calm down last night, I tried a very small fruit juice size glass of coke. It was HORRIBLE!!! If Nyquil came in coke flavor that is what I imagine it would taste like. It was liquid syrup and just horrible. I can't believe I was drinking that all day long everyday like it was water just 30 days ago my entire life and now it tastes like that. WOW! Just blows my mind!

Thank you all for your posts. It has meant a lot to me to read your comments and have your support. What a life changing experience. Especially by something that I had never even heard of 45 days ago.  :)

Day 33 here and I've never felt better.  At this point I can't fathom quitting.  I thought my days of feeling this good, getting such a great workout, strong nails, beautiful skin was all over.  THANK YOU WHOLE30!  I'll be checking in.

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to EVERYONE who has completed their Whole 30, first or second time around. I have loved reading all of these success stories and to see how all of you have gained so much confidence since day 1 and are now Whole 30 devotees is excellent.  I am sorry not to have been on as often as I would have liked but work has just got in the way of posting (I'm sure you all know what that's like!) but just to say that I lost another 7lbs on this second Whole 30.  I have no intention of EVER going back to my old ways and I am now so totally aware that my addiction is sugar.  After my first Whole 30 I allowed myself some chocolate, in the first week, and that was it.........................back to the craving for it.  So! I know my enemy and it will be slayed!  I am not saying that I will never eat it again but will most certainly be aware that one thing leads to another, that's for sure.

My two Whole 30's have produced a total loss of 17lbs which is pretty much what I needed to shed, but the bigger results are how well I feel, as echoed by all of you on here.  Please keep posting and let's carry on with this journey together.

Love to all

Sue xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is anyone else feeling hungover from their reintroduction? Granted I did a lot of gardening this holiday weekend so I know I am sore today from that. With that said, I woke up feeling foggy and kind of hungover but I didn't drink any alcohol. I am questioning if it is because of the sugar that has re-entered my diet from the reintroduction process since I have been eating out again. I am sluggish, foggy, sore (again soreness could be from gardening), very tired, low energy. 

Dairy day was interesting. I am happy to say I didn't feel sick but I couldn't help but notice that I started burping almost immediately and had gas after eating dairy products.

The grains day has to be repeated because I did get sick that day. I am starting to think it was more of a shock to my gut just having soy sauce, and other ingredients in general for the first time in a month and anything I ate that day like that would have caused the same reaction.

Today is gluten. I probably should have waited another day before trying given how I already feel today but my foggy mental state clearly isn't making fast or clear decisions today. I had Subway for lunch and surprisingly I didn't care for having the bread. It didn't taste as good as I remembered it. Granted we are talking Subway and not a good quality bread but still after a month you would think I would still enjoy it. I guess now if I am going to eat it, it better be worth it or not have it at all. 

I still need to reintroduce legumes but since I can't eat whole nuts I guess I will just try peanut butter and some black beans. 

I also put back on a couple of the 18 pounds I lost by doing this reintroduction program which I am not fond of at all.  :mellow:

Hello everyone,

I started my second whole30 today June 6th, 2016. I must say I tried my Kefir but I think it made me very gasey so no more Kefir.  I also tried some peanuts and let me tell you it was not good.  My face broke out with a couple of bumps like 3 noticeable ones. Ughhh!!! don't like that at all and I felt a little itchy too!  I had some pancakes. Ughhh!!! again my stomach did like those things and I oh so love them.  I also tried some candy like some suckers and I felt kind of nauseous.  Has anyone felt like that? So with that being said I am back for my second cause the bloating and the upset stomach and the face breakout are not good.I just didn't feel good.

Hello everyone,

I started my second whole30 today June 6th, 2016. I must say I tried my Kefir but I think it made me very gasey so no more Kefir.  I also tried some peanuts and let me tell you it was not good.  My face broke out with a couple of bumps like 3 noticeable ones. Ughhh!!! don't like that at all and I felt a little itchy too!  I had some pancakes. Ughhh!!! again my stomach did like those things and I oh so love them.  I also tried some candy like some suckers and I felt kind of nauseous.  Has anyone felt like that? So with that being said I am back for my second cause the bloating and the upset stomach and the face breakout are not good.I just didn't feel good.

Good for you! I am sure you will be feeling better soon. I have been feeling your pain. I saw my doctor as a follow up to the Whole 30 last week while on the reintroduction. She was the one who recommended I do this. I never even made it to trying the legumes. Dairy makes me gassy, burpy, and bloated now. Gluten makes me constipated and exhausted. I have lost all of the energy I gained from the doing this. I am back to needing naps again almost every day. My doc says I need to give up all dairy and gluten and to not even bother with legumes. This doc is not my primary care doc. I have an appointment with her this Friday. I heard there is a Gluten blood test that I want to take and want a second opinion from my primary. I started back to mostly whole 30 today. I am letting a little sugar in but no Gluten. By letting a little sugar in I mean for example today I had corn tortilla chips with guacamole. The chips are gluten free but we technically can't have chips on Whole 30. I did also buy Chocolate Cashew Milk over the weekend and used it to make a smoothie over weekend. The Chocolate Cashew milk, ice, 1/2 a frozen banana, almond butter, and mint. Again whole 30 wouldn't approve because there is sugar in it. If you are wondering why I am not just going back full Whole 30 it is because I feel like I am having a hard time believing I cannot eat any of these food groups ever again and that I don't feel like I did my reintroduction properly. I feel like I made some mistakes. So I am playing around with it some this week while I wait for my appointment. It is an ongoing experiment until then. I will then feel more confident about what is best for me. I will likely go back on Whole 30 is how I imagine how it will play out. I felt so much better. It is crazy how much this thing changed how I felt during and now. I wish you the best now and in the future. Being aware of what is happening to you and listening to it is what is important. I am sure you feel better real soon. 

Good for you! I am sure you will be feeling better soon. I have been feeling your pain. I saw my doctor as a follow up to the Whole 30 last week while on the reintroduction. She was the one who recommended I do this. I never even made it to trying the legumes. Dairy makes me gassy, burpy, and bloated now. Gluten makes me constipated and exhausted. I have lost all of the energy I gained from the doing this. I am back to needing naps again almost every day. My doc says I need to give up all dairy and gluten and to not even bother with legumes. This doc is not my primary care doc. I have an appointment with her this Friday. I heard there is a Gluten blood test that I want to take and want a second opinion from my primary. I started back to mostly whole 30 today. I am letting a little sugar in but no Gluten. By letting a little sugar in I mean for example today I had corn tortilla chips with guacamole. The chips are gluten free but we technically can't have chips on Whole 30. I did also buy Chocolate Cashew Milk over the weekend and used it to make a smoothie over weekend. The Chocolate Cashew milk, ice, 1/2 a frozen banana, almond butter, and mint. Again whole 30 wouldn't approve because there is sugar in it. If you are wondering why I am not just going back full Whole 30 it is because I feel like I am having a hard time believing I cannot eat any of these food groups ever again and that I don't feel like I did my reintroduction properly. I feel like I made some mistakes. So I am playing around with it some this week while I wait for my appointment. It is an ongoing experiment until then. I will then feel more confident about what is best for me. I will likely go back on Whole 30 is how I imagine how it will play out. I felt so much better. It is crazy how much this thing changed how I felt during and now. I wish you the best now and in the future. Being aware of what is happening to you and listening to it is what is important. I am sure you feel better real soon. 

Thank you. I'm your suspicions will be confirmed.  I wish you the best along with the rest of us Whole30ers.  I will continue to post on here as well.

Hello everyone again.  I made my 2nd batch of mayo.  I made it with extra light olive oil and almond oil.  I must say it tasted way better. Now I will experiment with making it into dressing and the flavors i can make with it.  Today I sweetened it with organic no sugar applesauce. It was pretty good. TahTah for now.

Archived