Hello everyone! I started my Whole30 last week, so today is day 7. My daughter is doing her second Whole30, and is very encouraging. I have fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, hypertension, chronic migraines, Geri and depression and I'm very excited to see what health benefits I can reap from this gastric re-boot. I actually took about two weeks before I started to wean myself from sugars. I stopped grains and dairy cold turkey, but cut back on stevia and hidden sugars gradually. With my chronic Fibro pain, I wanted to minimize the Carb Flu if I could. After a week of tummy troubles, I have had more energy and less brain fog - a big improvement in quality of life! That has made it possible to exercise more, which is also a big help. Pain level has remained about the same so far.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has similar health issues, or is a bit on the older side like me.

• 1 month later...

I have had Fibromyalgia since 1999. Unfortunately still dealing with pain, but sleeping a little better. With Fibro, also deal with IBS issues. Went gluten free about 4 weeks before starting Whole30. Today is Day 25, will continue past day 30. Still having cravings for dairy, but otherwise doing well. Do have more energy.

I continue to do a Calcium/Magnesium/Zinc supplement to help with pain. Hope you continue to do well.

Archived