Day 1 May 1

rissal8401

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be re-starting my Whole 30 May 1, too, since I goofed up on Day 5 of my first try.  Went to a Starbuck's and unwittingly

ordered a tall latte and a Greek yogurt with fresh blueberries.  It wasn't till I gulped half the latte and was about to have my first bite of

the Greek yogurt that I realized, "Oops --- no dairy on this diet!" Oh, well.  Here I go again.

BTW, I'm 5'5.5", 128#, 59, and in excellent health. Just want to see how it'll feel to cut out all of these foods for 30 days, and to vanquish

that Sugar Dragon.  Generally, I've had Low-fat Organic Greek yogurt as my breakfast protein source, so that has been the absolute

toughest change for me.

Also, the amount of shopping, food preparation, and time in the kitchen cleaning up is huge on the Whole 30, as compared

with my previous routines. There are a lot of very tasty options I've tried from the recipes in the Whole 30, though.  One cautionary

note:  the use of oils and mayonnaise can REALLY up the calorie count (unnecessarily IMHO) as in the Green Cabbage Slaw with Lemon Oil

recipe (delicious, but I would substitute water for some of the olive oil in the dressing).

Looking forward to everyone's journey, progress, and starting over!

Day 1, Meal 1

3 eggs

handful of cherry tomatoes

full tablespoon of chopped olives in olive oil

side dish of broccoli

followed by coffee with coconut cream

I love days I don't work so I can sit and eat like a lady of leisure.

Made it through breakfast with 1T sunflower butter, 1/2 banana, 1/4 chicken burger. With two small kids and a husband who are not on program I take what I can get! Good luck everyone!

Still couldn't find fb page Shayla. Maybe it's just me. I actually joined another one, but if others are on yours I will keep trying.

• Moderators

Day 1, Meal 1

3 eggs

handful of cherry tomatoes

full tablespoon of chopped olives in olive oil

side dish of broccoli

followed by coffee with coconut cream

I love days I don't work so I can sit and eat like a lady of leisure.

Very good first meal!! Make sure you pay attention to if you get 4-5 hours between and if not, bump it up for tomorrow.... :)

• Moderators

Made it through breakfast with 1T sunflower butter, 1/2 banana, 1/4 chicken burger. With two small kids and a husband who are not on program I take what I can get! Good luck everyone!

Still couldn't find fb page Shayla. Maybe it's just me. I actually joined another one, but if others are on yours I will keep trying.

Hi Elizanne;

Have you seen the meal template? It's linked in my signature below. I understand that you have some obligations with kids and your husband but this 30 days you need to put yourself first in these situations... this is not a sufficient or appropriate breakfast for a grown adult.

1-2 palms (your palm's width x length x thickness) of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies (not to be replaced with fruit) and the appropriate amount of added fat depending on what you choose (in the link below). Nut butters can be notoriously hard on the stomach and food without brakes for a lot of people... they're recommended to be limited... limited being no more one serving every other day, max.

Please try and make your meals to the template... that's where the magic is.

• Moderators
One cautionary

note:  the use of oils and mayonnaise can REALLY up the calorie count (unnecessarily IMHO) as in the Green Cabbage Slaw with Lemon Oil

recipe (delicious, but I would substitute water for some of the olive oil in the dressing).

Looking forward to everyone's journey, progress, and starting over!

We ask you not to pay attention to calories. Really. Fats, at least the healthy fats recommended on Whole30, are necessary and good for you. This is definitely a change for many people, but we ask you to embrace the meal template, eat the fats and not count calories for 30 days and see what happens.

• Moderators

I changed the privacy settings... See if you can find it now? Sorry, I'm a newb ❤️ It's exactly worded without spaces like this "Whole30 May2016"

Your best bet is to go to the group, copy the address, and paste it into a message here -- or if you don't want to post it publicly, send a private message with it to individuals who are interested. There are tons and tons of groups on FB, and the names can be similar, so it can be hard to find them.

Day one went well. I read the first 8 chapters of the book, It Starts With Food, today, and I'm enjoying that. It's nice to be on this forum with people on the same schedule. I also signed up on the Facebook group just now.

I am starting my first whole30 tomorrow, May 2nd, so I'll be a day behind a lot of you.  I am curious how many senior citizens have tried and what their experiences have been?  My doctor really wants me to try this with the hopes that it will help my arthritis and other medical problems, but there are definitely some obstacles.  Currently I eat 2 meals a day with a small snack in early afternoon - if I eat lunch, I am not at all hungry for dinner.  I am on several medications [including aspirin] that are not compliant, but necessary.  I am currently pretty sedentary, so losing some weight and having more energy would be terrific - and of course less pain when I walk.  Right now, I can only walk for about 10 minutes before I am hurting terribly.  Wishing us all good luck in making it for 30 days!

I've decided that I'm not calling this month 'May' I'm calling it the month of 'YAY!' Positive vibes breed positive vibes.

R1D2

M1: Compliant Chorizo Sausage, spinach and pepper frittata, roasted veggies, and a few berries. 

M2: Pork chop, roasted veggies, peppers and carrots.

M3: TBD.

I also rode my bike to work today (10 Km) and need to do the same to get home and then a rec volleyball game tonight!

Enjoy Yay 2nd everyone! 

Hello everyone!  

I'm starting my 2nd Whole 30!  (Well, I started yesterday, May 1st).  I did my first Whole 30 in July 2015 (and kept going through much of August).  I've learned that I definitely react to dairy and gluten, but some other grains and beans are okay for me.  But, I feel like a need a housecleaning -- and to step away from sugar -- so I'm back in for another round.  I hope we all have good Mays!

I am starting my first whole30 tomorrow, May 2nd, so I'll be a day behind a lot of you.  I am curious how many senior citizens have tried and what their experiences have been?  My doctor really wants me to try this with the hopes that it will help my arthritis and other medical problems, but there are definitely some obstacles.  Currently I eat 2 meals a day with a small snack in early afternoon - if I eat lunch, I am not at all hungry for dinner.  I am on several medications [including aspirin] that are not compliant, but necessary.  I am currently pretty sedentary, so losing some weight and having more energy would be terrific - and of course less pain when I walk.  Right now, I can only walk for about 10 minutes before I am hurting terribly.  Wishing us all good luck in making it for 30 days!

I am not a senior citizen, but my mom is, and she started eating paleo back in August.  She was on high blood pressure meds, and she had arthritis in her joints with her knees bothering her especially.  She is doing amazing.  She is off her meds, and her numbers have improved immensely, she is much more active with very little knee pain, and she is just a much happier person.

Not seeing much input on the forum now that we're a full week in.  I suppose most are joining FB for their daily feed.  Doing my 2nd Sunday prep for the week.  I found I had way too many leftovers the first week in, since my husband is out of town (and trying his best to follow the plan I chose to start <3) so I will cut recipes in half.  I am just getting over headaches and lethargy predicted in the timeline.  The emotional rollercoaster was not something I was prepared for during a stressful week at work.  Hopefully week 2 will improve in that area.  Also, I woke with a scratchy throat today - possibly not related, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  Making Chicken bone broth to have a simple soup tonight with lots of veggies.

I am 64. This is day 8. For the past two days I have been sicker than I have ever been before. I have absolutely NO ENERGY. Walking up one flight of steps leaves me winded. I have periods of intense sweating throughout the day and particularly at night. If if get up too quickly, l experience moments of blacking out. My heart pounds and I am nauseated. Can this possibly be right!? I've followed the rules --no cheating, no terrible cravings I'm beginning to get scared. For dinner tonight I had grilled chicken, asparagus, Broccoli, tomatoes, Carrots Previously If had ham, apples, lots of eggs with green and red peppers, nuts, lots of chicken and good quality hamburger and many sweet potatoes what the heck is wrong? I'm going to admit myself to a hospital unless this quickly improves. I can't go on feeling this bad. Help me please. I don't want to quit if there is something better coming, but right now I can't imagine that this could be the path to that. I'm still hanging on, tho. Please respond.

• Moderators

Are you salting your food? Drinking enough water ? (the recco is 1/2oz per pound of body weight)

Can you please list your food the way you eat it, in meals including portion sizes... otherwise it's very difficult to help...

Archived