Having Trouble Waking Up--Day 24

Hi!

I hope this question hasn't already been asked--I scoured the forum and can't seem to find this specific one. It's day 24 for me and I am having a really hard time waking up in the mornings. I go to bed around 10pm, but waking up at 7:30 or 8 is a struggle--which doesn't seem right to me! My energy throughout the day seems fine, it's not through the roof or anything, but I'm definitely not super lethargic. In terms of my sleep quality, I have to wake up around 2am every night to go to bathroom (super annoying) even if I haven't had anything to drink for hours before bed. Other than that, I sleep pretty deeply.

Here's a sample of what I'm eating...(I stick to this template most days--protein, starchy veg, and fill rest of my plate with green veggies)

Meal 1 (eaten within the first hour of waking, around 8am)

*green beans and 3 sunnyside up eggs (both cooked in about a tsp of coconut oil each) a cup of baked sweet potato

*1 mug of black half-caf coffee (sipped on slowly throughout the morning from about 10am-1pm)

Snack (around 12:30pm)

*banana and apple, sometimes with a hard boiled egg

Meal 2 (around 2pm)

*big salad with olive oil and 1/2c baked chicken

Meal 3 (around 7pm)

*burger patty over greens with olive oil and sweet potato fries

This is my 4th round of whole30 and I upped my carbs significantly this round as I notice I feel much better throughout the day, my mood is more stable, and I have energy to exercise. I just can't figure out this sleep thing! I wondered if my hormones are off, and read about doing a "leptin reset", but havent seen any whole30-ers doing it and wondered if it's kind of gimmicky.

Thoughts are very much appreciated!

Becky

The first thing that pops into my mind is that there's a lack of fat. You are cooking in fat, but how much is staying in the pan? Also a better snack than fruit (if you need to snack. Why not just move lunch earlier?) is a combo of two of the three macros (veggie fat protein).

Maybe it's too much starchy veggies? Sometimes too much of a good thing isn't a good thing.

Also how much water are you drinking?

Hey Karen, thanks for the reply!

I wondered that too, how much starchy veg is too much? Still though, about a cup or so with each meal seems kinda normal...

In terms of water, I'm drinking around 2-3 liters a day.

In terms of fat, I think I get plenty...I cook with it, but also do a lot of dipping into paleo Mayo (not every day, but often), so I thought that was definitely helping my fat intake, along with all of the olive oil on my salads. I will still try to add more and see if this helps.

Archived