Life changing!

julz9375

My husband and I started Whole 30 journey together on April 1, 2016.  I will admit I was a bit skeptical-especially day 3 or 4 when I was having really bad cravings....wine, chocolate....how am I going to survive 30 days without my stress relieving go to's ?  It is now day 29 and I wake up before my alarm, no more facial eczema, no more bloating, loss of inches (pants are fitting better), way more energy (I just started exercising on day 25- my husband has been since before the Whole 30) , and much more happier (for real).   This has been a life changer for the both of us.  I now crave veggies cause I know it makes me feel great!  My average day: For breakfast I usually have 2 eggs and whole 30 bacon (really good) and a smoothie- with frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana, 2 handfuls of spinach, and approx 1/2 cup of almond milk-unsweetened vanilla flavor.   I am not hungry until lunch (and sometimes not even then but I make sure I eat lunch..very important)  I drink a big jug of water with lemon everyday.  Lunch....a protein ...like shrimp or chicken and either a baked potato or sweet potato.  Dinner is a protein- usually fish..halibut being my favorite and veggies- either a salad with olive oil and vinegar or cabbage/green beans/asparagus/spaghetti squash/butternut squash,etc.  I am never starving!  I think that is what I was really skeptical about when reading individual claims about the Whole 30.  They always mentioned they were fully satisfied after eating their 3 healthy meals.  It is exactly what I have experienced as well.  I read "It starts with Food" prior to starting Whole 30.  It talks about the science behind Whole 30- I felt gave me a better understanding of what I was getting ready to start.  As I approach the "finish line"- I have decided the Whole 30 life will continue for both of us----yes I will have an occasional glass of wine but not having sugar in control of my life has been an eye opening experience and I am never going to look back.  If you want to feel better- mentally and physically- give Whole 30 a try.  

post-93685-0-08578300-1461982352_thumb.j

post-93685-0-40438500-1461982368_thumb.j

Archived