Cooking Mother's Bay Brunch for picky inlaws

meribe24

Hi there,

My inlaws are flying up this weekend for Mother's Day and I was planning on making brunch for all of us.  I will be on day 20 of my Whole 30 and would like to keep the food compliant (otherwise I will just make myself a separate dish), but my inlaws are notoriously picky eaters who get grossed out by anything "weird"!  Can anyone suggest a simple dish or two or three that I can serve at brunch that isn't "out there"? Potatoes are good - sweet potatoes, probably not. Fried eggs are difficult when you are making them for 4 adults all eating at the same time.  Something that I could bake would probably be easiest???  Thank you in advance!

roasted chicken? baked salmon? new potatoes, asparagus or other steamed veggies (maybe some hollandaise made with clarified butter)? Many of the dishes I would serve for an event like that are also compliant. They might not even know the difference.

I would make a complaint egg bake, they are delicious and easy. Plus, i would make mimosas for the group and sip on a la croix spritzer myself . Mother in laws are easier to please if you liquor them up a bit ;) 

http://eatcleanlivedirty.com/whole30-recipe-fiesta-egg-casserole/

this one is good, its even better if you add some bell pepper and top it with some guacamole for a fat 

Archived