Day 5 No symptoms- am I doing something wrong?

I'm very nervous I am doing something wrong. I have had hardly any symptoms at all. Minimal headache at best. A few hunger pangs when I don't eat enough, but nothin to write home about. I'm pretty sure I've been on track with my recipes. But I'm baffled trying to follow the time line because I don't feel anything! I don't feel as heavily weighed down before bed and I feel I sleep better. But what is going on??? And I know what I ate before hand is supposed to effect how severely symptoms are felt, and believe me, I was eating terribly! My "last meal" before I started was a HUGE A-1 thick n heart burger and onion rings!!! I feel like I must be doing something wrong and I'm not going to make any kind of progress! :(

• Moderators

Maybe you're eating to the template as recommended and eating enough fat and carbs?

Maybe you're eating too much fruit and nuts and you've delayed the yucky parts?

Maybe you're just behind on the timeline?

You can list out what you've been eating including portion sizes related to the template, specific fruits, veggies, protein and fats as well as water intake, meal timing and sleep and we can see what, if anything, stands out.

Day1: egg for bfast, snacked on macadamia nuts while I cooked. tried to make chili for lunch (whole 30 book recipe) by wasn't ready until dinner time and ate one bowl. Slept about 8 hours.

Day 2: 2 fried eggs coco oil 1/4 avacado, lunch salad with lime juice as dressing whole 30 seasoned chicken about the size of my hand (not just Palm), dinner whole 30 book recipe for perfect shrimp 7-10 shrimps, broccoli, spaghetti squash about 8 hrs of sleep.

Day 3: fried egg coco oil 1/4 avacado, lunch salad with lime juice/ olive oil/ garlic/ salt n pep dressing, same chicken as day 2, grapes about 15-20, pistachios, about a handful, dinner, whole 30 recipe for chicken tortilla-less soup one bowl, 8 hours of sleep.

Day 4: two soft boiled eggs with avacado. Lunch, chicken saag (spinache garlic and onions spices) no rice, dinner, defrosted some chili about a bowl. Slept less because I worked a 2nd job- got about 6 hrs of sleep.

Day 5: egg scramble with compliant sausage about 5-7 small sliced sausage rounds, lunch left over spaghetti squash with chicken, grapes 15-20, hand ful of pistachios.

That's where I'm at now. Confused.

• Moderators

Have you seen the meal template?

I don't see any of your meals that match and you are most certainly not eating enough, which does make it odd that you're not feeling any of the timeline.

Eggs when they are your sole source of protein are as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.  For even our smallest members, that's 3-4.

Your first day you ate an egg some macadamia nuts and a bowl of chili??

Your day 4 doesn't include a single vegetable. (I imagine the saag wasn't 3 cups of veggies... )

I'm not going to go into detail on every one of your meals... you need to look at the template and then build your meals accordingly.

You need 1-2 palms of protein per meal

1-3 cups of veggies per meal (if including starchy veg, that serving size is a fist sized amount)

Added fat in the form you like according to the template... the cooking fat/roasting fat should not be counted towards this.

Nuts and seeds should be limited - limited being one closed handful no more than once every couple days.

Leafy greens when they are your veg need to be more like a bucket full as when chewed/steamed down, they amount to basically nothing.

Avocado when it is your fat of choice is 1/2 to a whole... 1/4 is not enough

Archived