Organic Pastured?

Hello! I'm just starting out and tried to go shopping at Whole Foods yesterday. In the Whole 30 book it recommends Best chicken to be organic pastured. When I asked the butcher about it he stated that they don't have both. That they have organic and they were fed corn and soy! What?? I'm so confused as to where to get chicken. I want the very best. Where do you all buy your meat? Do I need to order online? TIA for

• Moderators

For now, you can do the best you can, if you're wanting to get started -- if organic is the best that's available, that's fine. The guidelines for organic, pastured, free range, etc., are just recommendations, not requirements.

That said, it's great that you're paying attention to the quality of your meats. You can use a site like Eat Wild or  Local Harvest to find farmers markets and local farmers near you. You can also order online -- US Wellness Meats is one site. 

Thank you. Yeah I've heard so many bad things about meat. I was vegan for 10 months but actually was getting sick from it. But of course they scare the crap out of you about meat. So I only want the very best meat.

Archived