Fruit dip/Yogurt Replacement idea!

Hey, so I'm on day 4 and have really been missing my Greek yogurt that is a staple for me when I eat fruit. So, I came up with an idea for a fruit dip and wanted to share it with you guys. It's sooo simple.

1 cup coconut cream

1/4-1/2 cup compliant pomegranate juice

Whip that up and you get a delicious and creamy fruit dip that counts as a fat, as far as I can tell!

It also satisfies my desire for Greek yogurt :)

• Moderators

Ya, that's a no... totally SWYPO and we do not suggest eating fruits on their own... especially with a dip like that, it will make it easily food without brakes... no remaking disallowed foods like yogurt, ice cream, baked goods etc...

OK, I really truly don't understand how you can say that allowed foods in the program shouldn't be eaten in a particular way or for whatever motivation. If it helps someone to not quit the program and actually enjoy their food what's the harm in it? And I never said I was eating the fruit and the coconut cream dip on its own without a protein. Creating food paranoia and anxiety is extremely detrimental, and I completely disagree with it.

Sex With Your Pants On - here's Melissa's explanation on it...

http://whole30.com/2014/10/sex-pants/

The thing about Whole30 is that it's not just about eating compliant foods for 30 days - it's about changing your relationship with food, and how your cravings drive you to eat what you do so trying to find a compliant substitute for something you used to eat isn't really taking steps to make change.

Also, if you're eating fruit with dip and a protein, you're not eating a compliant meal. There are no veggies. The big thing with fruit is that it's allowed but only if it's not pushing veggies off your plate. So, throwing some blueberries in a sweet potato hash, raspberries or orange segments in a salad, sauteed apples on top of a pork chop in addition to the proper amount of veggies and you're fine, but fruit is huge for feeding a sugar dragon, especially when it's eaten on its own/with only a protein. 

• Moderators

OK, I really truly don't understand how you can say that allowed foods in the program shouldn't be eaten in a particular way or for whatever motivation. If it helps someone to not quit the program and actually enjoy their food what's the harm in it? And I never said I was eating the fruit and the coconut cream dip on its own without a protein. Creating food paranoia and anxiety is extremely detrimental, and I completely disagree with it.

My apologies for using the acronym instead of typing out... I get that not everyone has heard of the acronyms and I will endeavor to explain myself better.  That said, nothing I said should have been creating food paranoia and anxiety... the program has very specific rules as jmcbn linked to and as moderators we're asked to ensure that people are aware of them.

Archived