Starting tomorrow, May 12th!

tassyc

Hope you made it thru the dinner!

I also struggle with snacking. I find that I am hungry at about 4pm everyday. I try to not eat, but then rationalize it because I know we don't eat dinner until at least 6pm. So I have an apple and a handful of almonds. It's probably why I still feel bloated. Ugh. 

Hope you all had a great weekend. We're over halfway!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Shanneva, the dinner was wonderful. Our hosts thought of everything and we all enjoyed our time together. It was hard refusing a nice glass of wine before dinner -- and then again during-- but I politely asked for mineral water.

I am going to work on NO SNACKING this week. I made it the first few days without snacking at all. I think the newness has kind of worn off, so I feel like I can bend the rules.

I had awful leg cramps again early this morning. I've seen other posts related to this, and the bone broth should help. Funny thing, so should magnesium, but I took two (small) tablet last night, where I don't usually.

Happy Memorial Day. My dad served in the army and one of my sons is currently serving overseas.

I just can't believe that eating an apple and some nuts at 4pm is a bad thing!

I snack on some fruit too. But I'm not very good about eating lunch. I'm great at breakfast and dinner, but lunch is just 3 or 4 small things spread out through the day.

Not right I know, but I exercise most days and I spread them out round that also.

Felt awful on Thursday and Friday, nauseous and tired and bloated. But feel better today.

Who knows! Soldier on!

Xx

Yes, the recipe for the Roasted Red Pepper sauce is in The Whole 30 book. Good on everything!

I also recently made a version of Curried Shrimp and Spinach, on Clare's recommendation. I made the whole amount of sauce, but used only 1 lb of shrimp, so I had sauce left over. It's absolutely amazing on baked salmon! Oh yum!

http://paleoleap.com/curried-shrimps-and-spinach/

What else? Have you tried Sunshine Sauce? Try it with apple slices, carrot sticks and celery.

Stick with it, Shanneva. Try some new things that appeal to you. :)

Hello everyone. Definitely feeling like - do I really have to do 8 more days of this? I'm loving the food, but not the restrictions. I think I will do a good job of eating mostly this way when we finish. What I would really like to add back in is:

honey

yoghurt

Sourdough bread

brown rice (cooked for 1.5 hours)

half a teaspoon of sugar in my coffee!!

cheese for a treat

occasional glass of wine

And that's about it I think! What are you all planning to add back in?

xx

I'm definitely counting down the days. I really don't think I've lost any weight, and hoping I didn't gain. I'm definitely going to be reintroducing things too. I'm going to still try to control the sugar, but I need something to sweeten my tea, and an occasional piece of dark chocolate. I also miss popcorn! I used to make it in a brown paper bag with olive oil and sea salt...mmmm.

Shanneva, what benefits have you seen?

Me-- bags under my eyes are so much smaller, if they exist at all! (It depends on how much sleep I get. Still working on getting to bed sooner. Time to hit the sack here in a minute.)

Allergies are minimal.

My tummy is flatter.

I had these funny little red bumps on my arms that used to itch REALLY badly, which are now gone.

Clothes fit better. My top is much smaller.

I am looking forward to reintroducing foods, too, but I'm a little afraid! I am now used to the new routine, and I find some comfort in that.

Hello!

Sorry for being a bit out of touch, work is so busy at the moment. So, all going well here apart from a bad tooth ache and a consequent wisdom tooth removal!

I am definitely felling a little slimmer. I also had an injured knee and a back injury that I had been struggling with for 7 months and both are now pretty much cleared up. I dos start a stretching and weight training regime at the same time as the Whole 30 so can't only attribute those recoveries to whole 30!

However, it is grass pollen season here and usually I am going crazy with itchy allergy eyes and sneezing and thickly throat but this year, nothing!!!! This one is amazing to me!

Also I two have had a few psoriasis patches that I've had for 15 years at least on my arms and annoyingly one in the middle of my forehead, and they too are gone!!!

As for introducing back in, I'm not missing much. Wasa revitalized type crackers maybe? Relax a bit with the fruit police, I really love fruit. It is my birthday on 22nd June and I am eyeing up a pot au chocolate dessert recipe in one of the paleo books. That's about it.

This is definitely a very positive experience!

Claire, I've been meaning to say if you can't get any of the American cookbooks over there, I can always try and send them to you.

Hx

Aww thanks Hannah. I tend to buy ebooks so can normally get them for a decent price. So far I've only got the Well Fed book, and I borrowed Whole30 from a friend. I need to have a clear out of old cookbooks before I can squeeze any more in.

I am tired (thanks to the new dog I think). But I haven't cried since I started this (normally from exhaustion/time of the month etc - not every day but probably weekly) which is amazing. I definitely think my emotions have levelled out. 

However, my three year old wanted to share her chocolate bar with me this evening! Fortunately she wandered off after I unwrapped it, as I definitely would have broken the Whole30 for that. One week tomorrow and things like that won't be an issue. Hope I make it through the week - am feeling uninspired for sure. Will probably make salmon and sweet potato fishcakes again, and more curry sauce. 

Well done ladies :)

Claire,

Make the cinnamon beef stew from Well Fed and be sure to make the orange gremolata thing to go on top. I have made it twice now and it is soooooooo good. It is really good with mash potatoes on the side. I like to chop the potatoes up small before I boil them and leave the skin on, then when I mash them I put in a big dollop of ghee and some Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. And I just rough mash them. I call the Dijon Smashed Potatoes.

I've been making my own ghee, way cheaper than the bought stuff and pretty fun! But I use salted instead of unsalted butter which makes it sooooo tasty. I never thought a simple fried egg could be so delicious until I fried it in some yummy salty ghee.

My downfall at the moment is that the 'Best of Season Blackberries' are up from Mexico this week. Half the size of your thumb and so sweet and soft and juicy. A small carton of blackberries counts as a meal right? .......

Anyone interested in going Whole 60 with me? Or in my case another Whole 30 right after I have eaten Pot Au Chocolate on my birthday on 22nd!

I feel like I could do whole 30 better. I think I've been eating too much meat and not enough veggies. Would like to go again and really focus on getting my plate balance better.

Anyone interested in going Whole 60 with me? Or in my case another Whole 30 right after I have eaten Pot Au Chocolate on my birthday on 22nd!

I feel like I could do whole 30 better. I think I've been eating too much meat and not enough veggies. Would like to go again and really focus on getting my plate balance better.

I have given serious thought to extending my end date, but I need to consider some other dates coming up. I'm hung up making plans for summer travel. I will keep you posted. Maybe not another entire 30 days... but a couple of weeks? I really want to be mindful and pay attention to reintroducing things. I think I have a problem with walnuts. And dairy. Definitely sugar. And I don't need bread. I LOVE bread as I love all baked goods. But I don't need them. I guess I still have a food problem!!

I agree with you, Hannah, that I could follow the template better. I think I've actually been adding too much fat. Those guidelines seem so vague to me.

I still feel bloated often, half an hour after I eat. I thought we were supposed to get over that. I used to feel better after eating the other way, so maybe my body is still adjusting. I am researching.

I'm going on holiday with my parents and brother's family at the end of June, so need to be off this by then. But I will do it again, I think - maybe a Whole14 here and there to make sure I don't slip back. I have started having a handful of dried fruit in the afternoon, which I should stop I guess! And every so often in the evenings I have slices of apple spread with cashew nut butter. It's so funny that that's an illicit treat  :lol:

I still feel bloated too! And I've been getting heartburn a lot. I have acid reflux, but it's always been the silent kind, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I will be taking a break from this, but still want to limit my sugar. I think it's all the fats that are upsetting my digestion, but I'm not quite sure. 

The benefits: - Being more comfortable in the kitchen

- Eating tons of new veggies

- Kids trying and eating veggies too

- having healthy meals to put into our dinner rotation

I'm still waiting on that energy to kick in, and I know I haven't lost any weight, but that's OK for now.

Oh! I also think I've been overdoing it with the orange foods, as my hands, feet, and face have a definite orange tint. I've got to cut down on the carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, etc. I've tried to eat a lot more green to combat it, so I hope that works  :D

Hope you're feeling better Shanneva.

I think when this is over I'm going to try to keep to Whole5's - i.e. weekday paleo, slightly more relaxed (glass of wine etc) at the weekend, but definitely not a grain and dairy fest!

I'm going to make a list of all the benefits and stick it in a very prominent place - there are too many temptations round here. 

4 more days :)

I've got some starter going, ready for sourdough bread (please please please let me not react to it!).

Am going to have some baked camembert and a glass of wine on Friday night (husband's orders). Then try a proper reintroduction. 

An even mood, no hay fever symptoms and more energy are amazing gifts I can take away from this month. My main problem is going to be, not that I miss any other food, but I have to be so organised to cook and prepare the right things. The other day I didn't sit down to eat properly until 2pm (survived on bananas and coffee before that). And that way a grain/dairy/processed food-fest lies.

I have to, have to, have to sit down and eat three proper meals. 

I am do tempted to do another whole 30 simply because I'm an all-or-nothing kind of person. I have little self control when I have the freedom to do as I like.

Knowing this, I am going to attempt a good reintroduction, and try to eat mostly whole 30 for a while.

Archived