Nearly 150 Recipes & Counting in One Convenient Document!!

pepperandplaty

Hi, everyone!  :wub:

I've been doing my first Whole30 with my friends, and have spent hours searching for recipes and compiling this Google Doc. I initially did it with the intention of keeping it organized for myself and helping out my friends, but I figured y'all might find it useful as well!!!

Each recipe links to the original article, so no copyright is infringed :) It is organized by appetizers, meats-- well, just see for yourself!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nJn6eTwkxIw_wLZ_0Fg460OQkcRBpsJblmSpgPkqkuY/edit?usp=sharing 

If you have any recipes you would like me to add, please reply with it to the post and I'll be happy to share it.

Happy Whole30ing!

• Moderators

Wow, that's fantastic!

I would caution that there are some items on there that would not be good for a Whole30.... compliant 'yogurt' and the smoothie recipes at the bottom are not whole30 recommended.

The pancakes and crepes are also a no go...

Otherwise, amazing!

No problem! Happy to help :) 

Per @SugarcubeOD's remark, I deleted the crepes and yogurt (agreed) and made a note about the smoothies. I'll keep the sweet potato pancakes though, because they're not trying to recreate a grain dish or a modern comfort; technically potato pancakes can be easily compliant and are a common Eastern European dish that I grew up with :)

• Moderators

I looked at the sweet potato pancakes... they are more like a latke... so I think as long as they're not used to replace baked breakfast goods they're fine... a starchy carb serving is a fist sized serving so one sweet potato latke with a template meal is fine... a stack of them dripping with ghee, cinnamon and coconut would not be okay :)

Thanks for taking the info to heart... we don't want to confuse anyone :)

Absolutely!! @SugarcubeOD I'll add that in as a comment just so people are very clear :) I'll even change the name to "latke" so it doesn't get people's hopes up as a replacement food. If you see any other problems with the recipes of have any favorites you'd like to share, please let me know! I'm just trying to be helpful :)

You're so welcome, @Mistyfire!!  :D

this is great!  Thank you!  I'm so excited to get started on Sunday.  I've be shopping, ripening avocados, and unfortunately eating things I shouldn't be in advance of the start but i'm feeling dedicated and wanting to make this work!

• Moderators

I'd encourage anyone looking at recipes online, even lists like this in the forum here, to pay attention to the recipes and don't assume they're compliant just because someone else says they are.

I noticed a couple that are not, and it's probably just a case where pepperandplaty automatically made substitutions to make them compliant, but everyone is responsible for making sure they don't eat something off plan.

(specifically I saw a beef Burgundy that called for wine and a beef stroganoff that called for yogurt or sour cream, both easy to substitute for, but definitely not whole30 as written)

Thank you for catching these! 

I have deleted them from the document. I'd prefer to have recipes that are compliant because I think that'll be much more helpful for people! 

Again, if anyone has compliant recipes they'd like to share, please send them over :)

• 4 weeks later...

The board's head hard salami in the "salty snack pack" in the appetizer section contains dextrose and sodium nitrite. I'm aware that the difficulty finding compliant deli meats has been discussed at length elsewhere, so,just sayin'...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/25/2016 at 2:58 PM, pepperandplaty said:

Thank you for catching these! 

I have deleted them from the document. I'd prefer to have recipes that are compliant because I think that'll be much more helpful for people! 

Again, if anyone has compliant recipes they'd like to share, please send them over :)

There are recipes with Honey in them... which are not compliant.  Also did you add @SpunkyBug's to your list, or should I be looking at them separately?

• 2 months later...

Archived