Starting May 23

ebfeinstein

Believel16 - I'm a nurse and there wre always chocolates around so I know what you mean! Thankfully I'm on maternity leave at the moment but I ha e so much respect for people who are managing to see chocolate and snacks at work and say no! Must be tough!

I had a much better today yesterday. I ate more and ate when I was hungry. I wasn't able to get to the shops unfortunately so I had to have snacks rather than a mini meal, but I'll get to the shops today and get that sorted. I had an amazing evening meal from the Mel joulwan website - merguez meatballs, cumin carrots and Turkish chopped salad. It was absolutely gorgeous! Just the thought of it is making me hungry again!

Day 6 today, still feeling positive despite my delightful baby keeping me up all night!

Planned meals today -

breakfast - meatloaf with kale and avocado

Lunch - probably protein salad

Tea - jerk chicken, sweetpotato mash and kale salad

Hope everyone is well!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done MummyAbby for sticking with it while being exhausted with baby keeping up all night. And BelieverL16 I am very impressed with your determination to keep going while surrounded by all that bad stuff!

It's W2D1 for me now, and feeling great :) Over the weekend I found I was quite full and couldn't finish my meals (not usually an issue for me as I love to eat!) ... so I like how this way of eating seems to be stabilising my blood sugars too.

And I am so impressed with my husband sticking to it (mostly) as it is a big change for him. On Sat he asked me was it ok that he had half a sugar every day in his black coffee?!?!?! Ah, he is still a champ, as he cut out milk in his coffee, which was a huge challenge for him. So this week he will cut out sugar in his black coffee. 

And on Fri he had a client lunch, he would usually have a big burger/chips/beer .. but he had a chicken salad/sparkling water. Now the salad did have cous cous (aaggh!), but I am very impressed that he tried his hardest to eat healthy, even though the client ate the burger/chips/beers combo in front of him! And it is a learning experience for him. So hopefully I can convince him to do another round and be strict. But he said that is the first weekend in probably 20 years that he had no alcohol, as he would usually have at least a glass of wine or a beer on Fri.

We are seeing NSVs .. face less puffy, eyes brighter and less puffy, more energy, stable blood sugars, and I feel really happy :) Now to keep this up!

• Moderators

I have a question. I see all these recipes for bacon and breakfast sausage. I don't live near whole foods so do you all just buy the stuff in the store? It says so sugar but it's processed with sugar

If there's sugar in the ingredients (even listed as "less than 2%," it's not okay to have on Whole30. Bacon and sausage are hard to find in person unless you're near a Whole Foods or have a butcher near you who will make them for you.

Breakfast sausage is pretty easy to make yoruself -- here's one recipe that you could use as a starting point. 

If you want to, you can order sausage and bacon online -- this site is a good option, although they do have a minimum order requirement.

MummyAbby - Many thanks for your support!! The struggle is real, isn't it?  :blink:

Hi everyone!

Hope everything is in full swing for all of you!!

It's been a while the last time I came here, but a lot had been going on (school break, new job, friend's kids bdays...). However I am sicking with the plan and seeing some changes...  I'm so happy!!  :D

I would like to ask if you guys exercise, I would like to know your tips regarding the pre and post workouts.

First, I'll tell you my normal daily routine: wake up, get changed and then downstairs to dvd hiit exercises (30 min). Then, it's breakfast. After I drop my daughter at school, around 1h after bfast, I would go for a jogging (Couch to 5k style) but this would be only 3 times a week... And would eat something as snack when I'm back.

So I understand that the program suggest us to eat something before (pwo) and a meal afterwards, then (60-75min) breakfast. But, I think that like everyone who is overweight, telling me to eat more is quite scary!! :huh:

Well... today, for example, I managed a snack pre, and then the afterwards one. But I wasn't quite keen to eat breakfast one hour later. I was wondering if it would be a problem... Please, let me know your tips! ^_^

How is everyone going? D25 here .. I felt amazing from day 7 or so right up until day 20 roughly, but struggling a bit. No longer feeling or seeing all those NSVs. While I do know I am smaller around my abdomen, I have felt bloated all weekend, and my digestion is sluggish (which is odd, as pre W30 I never had that issue).

I had a rough weekend due family issues, and ended up sticking with whole 30, but just no appetite or interest in food and not having lunch any day. On a good note, usually when I hit those family issues I reach for either chocolate/chips to cheer me up or wine to help me forget, and I didn't reach for either. When I thought of having a glass of wine, I just kept thinking how I don't want my face to look red and puffy the next day so I just didn't bother.

And then yesterday I just was sooo hungry all day ... that is the first time I since I started w30 that I have been hungry. While I will keep going, and I am planning on going straight into another round, I have lost my happy buzz :( 

Exercise wise I just do yoga and walking so I don't worry about pre/post meals, just eat my standard 3 meals a day. It does mean at weekends that if I do a morning yoga I just have a black coffee before hand .. and then end up having a single breakfast/lunch meal combined after yoga.

I hope you are all going well. Just 5 more days to go .. we can do this :)

• Moderators

MummyAbby - Many thanks for your support!! The struggle is real, isn't it?  :blink:

Hi everyone!

Hope everything is in full swing for all of you!!

It's been a while the last time I came here, but a lot had been going on (school break, new job, friend's kids bdays...). However I am sicking with the plan and seeing some changes...  I'm so happy!!  :D

I would like to ask if you guys exercise, I would like to know your tips regarding the pre and post workouts.

First, I'll tell you my normal daily routine: wake up, get changed and then downstairs to dvd hiit exercises (30 min). Then, it's breakfast. After I drop my daughter at school, around 1h after bfast, I would go for a jogging (Couch to 5k style) but this would be only 3 times a week... And would eat something as snack when I'm back.

So I understand that the program suggest us to eat something before (pwo) and a meal afterwards, then (60-75min) breakfast. But, I think that like everyone who is overweight, telling me to eat more is quite scary!! :huh:

Well... today, for example, I managed a snack pre, and then the afterwards one. But I wasn't quite keen to eat breakfast one hour later. I was wondering if it would be a problem... Please, let me know your tips! ^_^

Pre and post-workout meals are not full sized meals. Pre-workout, have some protein and fat, so maybe a hard boiled egg with a little mayo, or whatever leftover protein you have with a little avocado or olives. Not a whole lot of food, just a little something. Post workout, have some lean protein like chicken breast or water-packed tuna, with some starchy vegetables. Again, just a few bites. Of the two, post-workout is going to do the most for your recovery -- you want to get the protein in within a short period of time, like 15-30 minutes post-workout, as that is when your  muscles are most receptive to using it.

You do for sure need to eat three full meals of at least the minimum size described in the meal template in addition to your pre- and post-workout, though. That's the minimum amount an adult needs to have to function. If you don't eat enough, you won't be getting all the nutrients you need, plus, if you do not eat enough, your metabolism can actually slow down, so not eating enough long term can actually result in less weight loss. Feed your body the stuff it needs to function at its best, weight loss (if you do need to lose weight) will happen.

Archived