Nobody in my family's convinced that cauliflower can be anything but cailiflower

WenC

Poor man's shrimp cocktail!!! Boil cauliflower in crab boil seasonings. Check the ingredients on the packaged stuff - I bet it has MSG. It's easy to make though and lots of recipes online. Then serve it with cocktail sauce. I just found a Whole30 compliant recipe by searching for 'paleo cocktail sauce'.

This is sooooo delicious!

Sometimes it can just be cauliflower too.

I really like it in indian food and soups.

Some people have trouble with the cruciferous family, hard to digest, bloating and gas.

Zucchini is another less starchy veggie option and it has little taste for those who are fussy :)

• 2 weeks later...

The coconut almond cauliflower rice in this link is amazing.  The first time I made the West African stew, the kids made white rice to go with it, because they were sure they would hate the cauli-rice.  All it took was one taste and they were hooked.  I made this last weekend and they had a friend over.  She said "I have no idea what I am eating, but it is amazing" :)  I make it as written except I omit the lime juice.  The West African stew is now our favorite dish.

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/west-african-chicken-stew-well-fed-2/

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/almond-coconut-cauliflower-rice/

I have found that roasting the cauliflower rice rather than sautéing in a pan turns out a lot better, not as mushy, you can even broil it to get it crispy and better yet, you can do other food prep while its roasting (set a timer!).

Love this Healthy Foodie roasted cauliflower recipe. I've even served this to company and it's been a big crowd pleaser. I've subbed extra light tasting olive oil for the avocado oil, rice vinegar for the white wine vinegar, and sea salt for the Himalayan salt. I also cut the chili pepper flakes in half. You might also choose to use less mustard, depending on the size of your cauliflower head.

Archived