Butternut Squash making me sick?

Naz16

Ok so I may be totally off here but I've been eating baked butternut squash for the past few days and I've been feeling some what naseous and have discomfort in my stomach area. Has anyone had this problem? It's the only thing I can think of that's been causing this reaction.

Ok so I may be totally off here but I've been eating baked butternut squash for the past few days and I've been feeling some what naseous and have discomfort in my stomach area. Has anyone had this problem?

Um YES. The very first time I ever cooked butternut squash, I ate the skin. Are you eating the skin?? I ate the skin and was vomiting within an hour. Don't eat the skin on any kind of winter squash like butternut or acorn.

If you are skipping the skin, then I don't know if that is it for sure.

Um YES. The very first time I ever cooked butternut squash, I ate the skin. Are you eating the skin?? I ate the skin and was vomiting within an hour. Don't eat the skin on any kind of winter squash like butternut or acorn.

If you are skipping the skin, then I don't know if that is it for sure.

No offense but you really ate the skin?

Yeah, I buy organic and roast it with the skin on and eat it all, but I've eaten it regularly all my life (it was a staple when I was a veggie). Nommy nom nom. I peel if I'm making mash or a soup.

That said, I agree with Robin - anything is possible, especially with foods you're not used to.

Archived