Don't want to stop

So, I am on Day 29 of my first round.  I have to say that I love this and I do not want to stop.

I know I can go on, but here is my question.

When I am done with my first round, I don't want to do the reintroduction just yet.  I know this is not about weight loss, but I want to continue because I know I have lost weight....and I have a lot to lose!  I plan on doing multiple rounds.  Anyway, I just want to stop for a day or two.....ok...what I really want to do is go to P.F. Changs and have some wine, but then get back on.  Will doing that mess up everything, or can I take a day or two off, then get back on plan for another round of 30 days?

Just from reading other people's posts about "going off the rails" on Day 31, I can guess that you will likely feel miserable. The combined introduction of (likely) non-gluten grains, sugar, MSG and alcohol could be a doozy. You won't erase the good you've accumulated but it won't help you figure out what you are sensitive to. Additionally, I've read some accounts about it being a slippery slope - especially if you feel terrible the next day and want "comfort food" that isn't on the plan. You could go off-plan for some time.

I've seen the advice several times to go ahead and do the proper reintroductions which takes about 10 days. Then you will have a pretty good idea what your issues are. At that point, you can decide if the rice or the wine or the sweet stir fry sauce at PF Changs is worth it. It's just 10 more days! After the reintroductions (and party night at PF Changs), go back to Whole30.

Archived