Can I just say WT@$#!

Why is there tuna/Soy oil in my tea?!? Felt like having a nice cup o tea while relaxing. Glanced at the recipe end of the first box- roasted barley malt! Nix. Soy lecithin in All 3 fruit ones. And then.....natural oil blend(tuna oil, soy oil, soy lecithin). I actually yelled at the tea box out loud :) all of my caffeineted tea is good to go. Drinking the last packet of mint, not quite the flavor I had in mind. Didn't see a What The Hell!? forum, maybe I missed it :)

ahhaha I threw a tantrum in the supermarket when I realised my favourite 'smoked tuna in olive oil' actually has blended vegetable oils (inc sunflower) with the olive oil. :o

In fact I have thrown many a tantrum during my W30, mostly all of them in supermarkets.

Same with my organic rooibos tea with vanilla.. it simply states 'vanilla flavouring' so that's out just in case.

I feel ya! I just realized that almost all the supplements I take each day have soybean oil or a soy derivative to preserve freshness in them. I just bought whole new bottles of them - they were not cheap! so frustrated... I can return them, but I really like them.

stupid soy.

there should totally be a WTF forum.... if there isn't one already

I noticed my favorite Stash lemon ginger tea had soy also (as does True Lemon, a crystallized lemon juice I thought would be handy for adding to bottled water on the go--and I think it's for the same reasons as the tea) so I wrote Stash and said WTH? They said its used as a means of preserving certain ingredients (I'm guessing the lemon in this case). Great. Luckily Lemon Ginger is a flavor pretty easy to replicate myself with real ingredients.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another one. Sugar IN my salt!?! Honestly Never occured to me to look at my salt! (silly me, assuming my salt would just be salt and iodine) The sea salt is fine, but the table salt has freakin sugar.

Does anyone know of a brand that Doesn't have sugar? Morton and Meijers both do.

Here's another one. Sugar IN my salt!?! Honestly Never occured to me to look at my salt! (silly me, assuming my salt would just be salt and iodine) The sea salt is fine, but the table salt has freakin sugar.

Does anyone know of a brand that Doesn't have sugar? Morton and Meijers both do.

Isn't that crazy? I had no idea until I saw it on here. I actually use sea salt or kosher salt now exclusively. The Diamond Kosher salt has only salt as an ingredient. Fairly inexpensive for a huge box.

yeah I found out about the salt towards the end of my w30. Decided not to redo right now (it's just not possible for me to do so, timing wise) but have tossed the offending salt and use kosher salt now. WHY? why does it need the sugar? Really people!

I get frustrated as many recipes call for sugar that just plain don't need it. Applesauce, for one. WHY would you need sugar in that? It's sweet enough! I made a coleslaw for fish tacos that called for 2 tsp of sugar....granted for the amount it made, it wouldn't have affected that much, but I didn't even use it and it tasted wonderful!

Okay soap box over....sorry for the rant

Isn't that crazy? I had no idea until I saw it on here. I actually use sea salt or kosher salt now exclusively. The Diamond Kosher salt has only salt as an ingredient. Fairly inexpensive for a huge box.

Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out for that salt. I use sea salt more often than not, but sometimes the texture, and the iodine, of table salt is just preferred.

• 3 weeks later...

Ingredient list on Sugar Cookie holiday tea (I knew it wouldn't be good but geesh!)

This product contains all natural ingredients and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

Ingredients: Milk thistle, roasted barley, orange peel, natural sugar cookie flavor with other natural flavors, and vanilla bean.

So what? There's apparently a sugar cookie tree somewhere out in nature that Nobody else knows about????

Granted, I have drank and enjoyed this tea in the past. (And since not currently on a Whole30 may drink 1 or 2 of the Other holiday teas they offer-surprisingly I think Candy Cane Lane is compliant, roasted carob not sure about though...) And I like Celestial Seasonings overall. But man, if they're holding out on the giant secret of a Cookie Tree?!?

So what? There's apparently a sugar cookie tree somewhere out in nature that Nobody else knows about????

But man, if they're holding out on the giant secret of a Cookie Tree?!?

Man Oh Man.......when you find that tree be sure to let me know.

Archived