When you are really thirsty, you are on the way to dehydration. I drink water all through the day. If you have a full stomach, I don't know how drinking water could dilute stomach acid. I'm on Day 19 ( feel awesome!!!) and I drink water all the time.

I used to drink coffee as soon as I woke up, but now I have a glass of water first and drink coffee with breakfast.   I don't think I would have gotten this far witout drinking water all the time!

• Moderators

I drink a glass of water immediately after eating my food. 

I start the day by drinking two glasses of water as soon as I get up. I eat about an hour later and have another glass of water. Then I sip a glass of water at my desk, so that gets me to four glasses before I workout at about 10:30 AM. I drink one glass of water during my workout and another glass afterwards. Then I eat a can of sardines and drink another glass of water. That gets me to 7 glasses before lunch. I drink one glass of water after lunch and sip a glass of water at my desk in the afternoon. I drink a glass of water after supper to make 10 glasses for the day. After supper I drink one or two mugs of collagen in ginger tea, so my daily liquid intake is 11, sometimes 12 glasses per day. 

Water is never bad. It is all I have drank since Day 1 of the program except for an occasional black coffee in the morning. I have it before, during and after meals and have seen no negative effects. So drink away. 

Thanks all. I'm drinking around 8 - 10 glasses a day, but it was the timing I was interested in rather than the amount. Since today is my first day of just water, I am a bit out on a little limb, usually I drink tea all day, and water has just not the same draw.

Archived