Day 11. I am NEVER hungry.

So before I started Whole30, I was notorious for forgetting to eat because I let myself get busy with my kids. I would roll out of bed, skip breakfast, graze on their uneaten food at lunch, eat more than I should of cookies through the rest of the afternoon, then eat a full dinner (which I usually cooked while sneaking more cookies, candy hidden in the cupboard, or other sweet food). 

Now I make myself eat all three meals, whether I'm hungry or not. Usually the answer is not. I wake up not hungry, have to watch the clock so that I don't miss lunch (yesterday got too crazy and before I knew it, it was 2pm and I still hadn't eaten lunch and I still had to force myself to eat). Dinner is at the same time everyday, so that meal isn't necessarily an issue (though I'm still not hungry). 

Here are the last three days:This morning is 2 eggs, fried in ghee, 6 mini peppers sauteed, and a small-ish sweet potato with coconut oil. All salted after plating.

Yesterday: B-Chicken apple sausage, leftover mashed red potatoes made with coconut milk and ghee, carrot chips and dump ranch.

L-(this was my oh i forgot lunch day) Burger patty, half avocado, side salad with sunflower seeds and cranberries w/ Tessamae balsamic. (yes, this meal wasn't the greatest, but it was pulled together in a hurry)

D- Taco nachos. Ground turkey taco meat piled with lettuce, guacamole, tomato and eaten with a few plantain chips (maybe 10?)

Another day: B- 2 eggs, fried in ghee, green beans, potato medley home fries.

L- Large protein salad with hard boiled eggs, compliant deli chicken (some rolled up, some chopped into the salad), avocado, prosciutto, sunflower seeds, cranberries w/ Tessamae's balsamic.

D- Large center cut pork chop, broccoli, asparagus, mashed potatoes made with coconut milk and ghee. 

Another day: B- 1 egg, fried in ghee, chicken apple sausage, entire small zucchini made into zoodles, sauteed in ghee, watermelon. 

L- Burger patty piled with lettuce, proscuitto, avocado, and tomato, served with homemade balsamic mayo.

D- Chicken, shrimp, and beef skewers with zucchini, onion, and bell peppers (2 skewers each), served with a side salad with cranberries and Tessamae's balsamic. 

Another day for good measure: B- 2 eggs, fried in ghee, home fries, carrot chips, green beans, and small handful of cherries.

L- Chicken apple sausage, asparagus, small sweet potato w/ coconut oil, avocado.

D- Pork chop, okra and green beans filling the plate. 

And for what it's worth I've TRIED to do 3 eggs but it was just too much. I gagged all though the last one. Any thoughts? 

It was around day 15 that I finally got an appetite on this diet. I could also only eat 2 eggs in the morning until this last week (I'm on day 44). I would add another protein because I could usually take 2 eggs and some sausage.

Hopefully your appetite will kick in. It took my body a surprisingly long time (to me!) to get to that point.

• Moderators

It sounds like you're doing the right things. Keep making yourself eat each meal. Try to make sure you have breakfast within an hour of waking up. If you do coffee, don't have it until after breakfast, as it can be an appetite suppressant. Your meals look okay, maybe a little small, but if you just keep working on it, eating every 4-5 hours, your appetite will probably kick in soon.

• Moderators

Your meals look pretty good, if a bit small. How about coffee? Do you drink it? It's a big appetite suppressant and it can mess with your cortisol levels which have a big impact on your hunger. If you do drink coffee, wait to have your first cup until after you've eaten Meal 1 and see if that helps. Personally, I started making half-caf, then 1/4 caf and now I drink 100% decaf (Swiss water processed beans).

Archived