Amazing Results for Type 1 Diabetic

I started Whole 30 on Monday, April 25th. In the past 25 days, my average blood sugar has gone from 170 down to 120. I am on an insulin pump and my daily insulin usage has gone from an average of 64 units a day to around 30 units per day. I have never felt better. I also had really bad heartburn which I experienced everyday. Since Day 1 of the Whole30, I have not had one occurrence. I will be getting weighed at Dr appointment tomorrow, but I feel I have lost at least 10 pounds as all of my clothes are much looser. 

I was skeptical that this diet change could produce all the results that it promised, but I am a believer now. Whole 30 is truly amazing. I feel that I am going to stick with this lifestyle most days even after the 30 days is over. This has been a truly life changing experience.

So glad to hear about your great results! :wub:  I too had drastic improvements on my blood sugar.

You may get to a point where you may not need insulin, so keep a close eye on your numbers and keep your doctor updated.

Your inflammation will be much lower now and this may be responsible for your improvements in heartburn. A recent study has suggested that current mainstream treatments for GERD and heartburn may not be treating the root cause (inflammation): http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/863413

PS. If you don't want your doctor to tell you your weight, just ask them to weigh you, make a note but not tell you the number (you can call for it later). I have not had any doctors refuse to do this.

• 4 months later...

I just started and am on day 5 and my insulin usage has dropped too! My last A1C was 7.8, highest it's been in years. I've been a type 1 for 18 years and I was looking for others that have done the whole 30! To praxisproject, unfortunately, type 1 diabetics will always require insulin unless they develop a cure as it's an autoimmune disorder. 

I love stories like this. I also have autoimmune diabetes with a still kind of functional pancreas. I chose to start after delivering my son when my insulin needs would be minimal/non existent and some how managed to get my a1c from 5.8 to 5.6 with diet alone. I know insulin will be in my future again but i am glad to know it's not now. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived