2 Days?

If I have no issues at all after reintroducing a food, is it truly necessary to go back to eating Whole30 for 2 days before reintroducing the next food group? For example, if yesterday I had legumes with no side effects at all, do I really need to wait until the day after tomorrow to have gluten-free grains, or could I go ahead and try those tomorrow?

I'm not sure of the rationale behind the 2 day wait if you do not have negative side effects - does anyone have any insight? Not questioning the program, just curious about the reasoning/science!

Thanks  :)

"Negative responses to foods can be subtle enough that many people do not notice them during an introduction. It is only when they conclude that X does not bother them and they start eating it frequently that the effects pile up and after awhile they realize that they don't feel as good as they did.

Another issue is that some foods may not bother you until you eat it several days in a row. So you can "pass" a brief test and then discover down the road that you life is better without X. 

After a splurge where you eat a lot of off-plan foods, you might be okay to resume reintroduction testing after a multi-day period of clean eating to reset. Some people might get back to feeling great and being in good shape in 5 days, while some might need 10. It depends upon lots of variables."

If I have no issues at all after reintroducing a food, is it truly necessary to go back to eating Whole30 for 2 days before reintroducing the next food group? For example, if yesterday I had legumes with no side effects at all, do I really need to wait until the day after tomorrow to have gluten-free grains, or could I go ahead and try those tomorrow?

I'm not sure of the rationale behind the 2 day wait if you do not have negative side effects - does anyone have any insight? Not questioning the program, just curious about the reasoning/science!

Thanks  :)

The other big advantage of having at least two days of strict Whole30 after each reintroduction is that it provides a useful structure for your transition to your future way of eating. You get a chance to reinforce the benefits of eating template meals and a chance to solidify the benefits and new habits you gained from your Whole30. This will help you when you start deciding what foods are "worth it" for you.

Archived