feeling defeated

I've been eating mixed nuts (no peanuts) as an occasional snack. On day 18 I realized that in the ingredients peanut oil was listed. I've been so diligent about label reading but I guess I missed that one since why would there be peanut anything in a mixed nut container. Needless to say I feel so defeated and literally sobbed when I realized what I had done. I guess this would count as "a need to start over" but it seems so daunting to me I wonder if it's really worth it. I dont know if I can do what would seem like a whole60. Any advice?

If it helps to think of it in another way you could always keep going and add on an additional 30days - or round it up to a Whole50.

Peanuts (& their derivatives) are a well known gut disruptor and one of the biggest allergens in the western world, so to finish after 30 days and try reintros you really wouldn't be getting a true picture because your gut will not necessarily be free of inflammation.

• Moderators

Be encouraged! You're doing great, we have all had these label mishaps at some point. Cut yourself a break, it happens. Personally, I would do some extra days because you've been working hard on yourself -- you want and deserve the full results!

Read this and decide which approach is best for you: http://whole30.com/2014/06/really-start-whole30/

Thank you both for your advice and encouragement. After much thought and self reflection, I decided to start over. I feel like I've never really followed things through to the end and I need to change that. I owe it to myself, my husband, and my children. Feeling pretty good on Day 2!

Good for you! I'm on day 46 because I'm waiting for some more improvements. It's not so bad! Things get easier - you have to think about food choices less, etc as you go so the next 30 days will be easier than your previous 18. You've got this!

Archived