Is it ok to have 9 eggs a day?

Dcpink

I seriously love eggs and since doing W30, I'm finding myself wanting to have the same meal for breakfast and dinner--a 3-4 egg omelet with veggies and avocado.

I know variety in the diet/meals is encouraged, but is it ok to do this sometimes? I also eat 1-2 eggs as soon as I wake up as a pre workout.

• Moderators

There is no hard and fast rule about this, but let me reason with you. Yes, it is fine to eat a dozen eggs in a day occasionally. Eggs are great food and there is nothing about them that will hurt you. But do not let your comfort with eggs keep you from organizing yourself to eat a genuine variety of foods. Eggs do not hold all the goodness of the world. You need to include variety in your diet. Practically speaking, eating eggs for more than one meal per day means you are not doing good enough in terms of variety. If you don't do good enough once a month it is no big deal. If you don't do good enough with variety as much as once per week, you should get better organized. 

Disclosure: I have eaten between 21 and 28 eggs per week since 2010. I eat 3 per day when I can get jumbo eggs and 4 per day when I can only get extra large. :)

Archived