May 2016 Reintroductions (formerly April 18th group)

We did it! Now what? Let's continue sharing our journey!

I, for one, have already introduced soy, rice, and wine! No noticeable reaction with the soy and rice. The wine, however, made me bloated and gave me a very light headache. Of course, I love wine so I will proceed with caution and figure out which of my favorites affect me the least negatively. Up next, bread!

Thanks for setting the new thread up :)

Legumes were a nightmare for me (as I mentioned on the other thread). We were planning on adding non-gluten grains today but DH has gone camping overnight with some friends so we're going to leave that until Monday. Thursday we will do dairy and then the following Sunday will be grains. Perfect timing as the 29th is my birthday (I'm turning 40. Yikes!) so a most excellent opportunity to test the grains with some birthday cake. Just a small piece mind. ;)

Ok.. I want to join your group :) I'm starting reintroduction tomorrow (Yay!) I haven't craved anything except for bourbon.. which I will have at midnight and make no apologies. All I've really missed is convenience. I made it through a boyfriend's birthday party weekend, work travel and cooking Italian (real Italian, kids) for 8.. I feel like I can do anything... except I'm going to Vegas June 1 for work for 5 days. I dunno if I can find Whole30 approved stuff on the Strip :)

So far I have introduced wine and yesterday I had a beer.  Reaction was bloating and also a mild headache.   So I am not sure that alcohol will be in my diet much at all.  Prior to Whole 30 I loved my wine. I going to stay 90% compliant for a while.  I don't want to totally rule out anything, but during the last 30plus days I honestly can say that I had very few cravings.  I am amazed that in only 30 days my body has changed somewhat.  I am almost 67years old and although I still have a small "muffin top" it certainly has lessened.  I want to continue this journey for a bit longer.

How was the bourbon @Pobbletoes ? Vegas! How exciting! I am way due for a visit too! lol

Bzh, even more the accomplishment! I too want to keep it longer. I also noticed the bloating came back almost immediately after the wine and rice! Wow! I'm a huge wino though, so will have to definitively moderate that somehow. However, after several days back on the wagon, the bloating has easily come down. I dined out twice this past weekend, and also noticed that yesterday morning I was famished. Could that have been the sugar monster looking for for the carbs? I spent the majority of the day thinking about food and hangry. I didn't give in, but I was not too pleasant to be around. Feeling much nicer today.  :lol:

Tonight I have a long 8 course dinner to attend where no substitutions are allowed and the menu is a surprise. I still haven't had butter, bread, or cheese (though there was a tiny bit of feta sprinkled on my fish last week, but not excessive like I usually get with mozzarella and parm). Tomorrow morning should be interesting...to say the least!  :unsure:

Here I found you guys!

I'm such a scaredy pants on re-intro!!   First thing I tried was a tropical sno--(A bunch of sugar and high fructose corn syrup probably!)  I usually LOVE them and I got my regular medium and I wanted to quit eating it halfway through. :huh:   Got some stomach cramps with that.

I've eaten out several times and that is NOT the way to re-introduce (obviously) as I'm not always sure what's in the food or how it's cooked!  But yesterday we had Mexican to celebrate the kids last day of school...I accidentally had ONE tortilla chip with  salsa before I realized it-then I quit...but I noticed that my bottom lip actually swelled!!! :o   The rest of what I got was sautéed onions and peppers over chicken (I had them leave off the cheese-only sprinkling a little bit of parmesan) but it was over rice.  Now I'm left to guess which one I reacted to.  (I also ate the ice cream and whipped cream off the sopapias we got-but the lip swelling was far before that came)  So late in the day (6-7 hrs later) I was at my daughters baseball game and unable to vacate the bathroom as the intestinal emptying was just that intense. WTH?  I couldn't believe it!! :unsure:    Lesson learned!  Other than that meal I've pretty much been still compliant I believe.  So will be a bit better at only introducing one thing at a time!!  I was already dairy free before whole 30--but the thing I really miss was the Page's donuts.  I may have to try this holiday weekend-although I know the outcome will probably not be good. 

I have noticed that whenever I do a marinara or any sort of tomato sauce I get some bloating and gas.  What if I can't ever eat like a normal person again!?!? :blink:   That seriously gives me anxiety.  Is there a right way to do this?  One thing you should try first?  or did I miss that chapter... :P

Archived