Drinking water?

I'm on day 17 and while I'm seeing some positive changes, I'm having a little problem.

I'm having trouble drinking the recommended amount of water throughout the day. What's causing even more concern is that this is playing out on my skin. I've never had a problem with dry skin but I'm scaly and maybe it's the lack of water. I moisturize daily and nightly and I've always pride myself on keeping my skin top notch.

My problem is that because I'm full after eating my meals, I sip water here and there while running around dealing with patients, it's hard.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Dry scaly skin can also be brought on by food sensitivities - so if there is something that you are eating more of than ever before - for instance ghee, nuts, eggs, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes - can all be contributors to skin problems.  Yes it could be as simple as increasing your water intake or it could be that you are overloading your system with one of these and your skin is reacting.  If you write down the last few days meals and see certain foods that pop up quite frequently - it might be worth it to tone it down or eliminate entirely and see what happens.

Dry scaly skin can also be brought on by food sensitivities - so if there is something that you are eating more of than ever before - for instance ghee, nuts, eggs, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes - can all be contributors to skin problems.  Yes it could be as simple as increasing your water intake or it could be that you are overloading your system with one of these and your skin is reacting.  If you write down the last few days meals and see certain foods that pop up quite frequently - it might be worth it to tone it down or eliminate entirely and see what happens.

wow thanks! I've been eating more avocado(rarely in the past), clarified butter(stayed away from butter before the whole 30) and potatoes (plain, sweet and Japanese) since I've been on the whole 30. I didn't think I may have a food sensitivity, thanks a ton!

Avocado - this *could be* one depending if you have a latex sensitivity or not.  

I wouldn't worry about the sweet or Japanese potatoes these are from a different family of vegetable compared to reg. potatoes.  Regular potatoes are from the nightshade family of vegetables and are more prone to cause skin issues in my experience.

Clarified butter - technically should be good, but I know people who are especially sensitive to dairy will have issues with it.  (I am one of these people) 

Archived