Muscle cramps?

I suppose this isn't truly a "medical condition," but has anyone had lots more cramping of muscles while on Whole30? My calves and my hands have been intermittently cramping, especially at night. Not sure if I need more magnesium or am missing the calcium from my daily glass of milk, or something else is going on. I'm on Day 9 and am well past menopause, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for the replies!  I feel as though I drink a lot of water, but will start keeping track.  I take a multivitamin, and do salt my food (liberally, usually).  Is there a supplement that any of you would suggest to up my potassium and magnesium?  

Thanks for asking, Praxisproject.  The cramps are gone for now at least.  I'm still not sure what caused them, specifically; but in general, I'm a lot more relaxed than I was the first week or two of my Whole30.  I think perhaps the sugar withdrawal was causing some of my tension?  I decided not to invest in the Natural Calm until I suffered a little longer :) and in the meantime, the cramps subsided.  Thanks again.

• 1 year later...

I second the Epsom salt suggestion but add that you should add baking soda in a 2:1 ratio. I'll have to come back with a link to support the baking soda claim that basically without it the Epsom salt baths are just regular baths. 

Archived