Day 22: PCOS and Acne not getting better

I still have cystic acne that is not improving…being super strict and careful on this eating plan. Wondering if I should continue Whole30 UNTIL it gets better, or if I should accept and appreciate my other NSV and leave it be.

I'm not really needing to stop Whole30 aside from wanting 1 Truvia in my morning coffee. Other than that, I don't really need anything. 

Advice?

When listing your food please give specifics about vegetable types and list your meals exactly as they look.

If you're using coconut milk you might want to check your tin to see that it's BPA free as BPA is known to cause/exasperate skin issues - as can nuts/nut butters...

It would also be helpful to note any meds you're taking.

Okay!

My typical day looks like this:

Breakast: 3 eggs, sautéed onion, spinach, kale, tomato, pepper, etc…in coconut or avocado oil (1-2 T)  I fill up 3/4 of the plate with the veggies. I have small apple or 1/2 banana with it. Plus coffee with 1-2 T coconut cream. I might add some (1/4-1/2) raw avocado to it. I do Insanity and the fat gives me energy.

Lunch: Whole30 salmon cakes (3), 1-2 T Whole30 mayo, large leafy green salad with raw veggies (usually leafy greens, peppers, tomato), small grapefruit, 1/2 avocado or ranch dressing from Whole30, Lime in water.

Dinner: steak or meat- recipes from Whole30, sautéed veggies in 1 T avocado oil w/ 1 T coconut aminos, small apple.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Obviously the days vary here and there. I might have some unsweetened applesauce (1 pouch) in the middle of the day in a pinch, or another coffee. 

Thankfully not on any medications!!

THANKS LOADS!!

Shangria

Would love critique or suggestions!

Actually your meals look pretty good to me  :) 

I'd say that due to the PCOS that this is most likely hormonal, and may just take a while longer to settle/improve - you're certainly doing all the right things. Many people coming here with pre-existing medical conditions find it takes a bit longer to experience the magic, and so extend to 45 or sometimes 60 days.

I'd say just keep on keeping on and focus on any other NSVs you're seeing so far...

Archived