total transparancy at sweetgreen

TheLadyD

Before Whole30, I lunched at sweetgreen a lot. I mean, really a lot. I did some Internet research which suggested that a lot of their food had added sugar. Not wanting to give up my favorite lunch spot, I asked them for more info and found out they publish the ingredients for everyone one of their menu items. Three cheers for sweetgreen! And, it turns out, they don't (or don't anymore) add sugar to everything and are pretty Whole30 friendly.

To find the list, go to the website, it will probably ask you for your region, then choose "download menu & nutrition."

Here is the most recent list for the DC/MD/VA area, which covers some other regions also.

(Interestingly, they rely on grapeseed oil a lot. I wonder if it has a more neutral flavor.)

(Interestingly, they rely on grapeseed oil a lot. I wonder if it has a more neutral flavor.)

It's cheap*  ;) 

*and also highly processed, & high in omega 6 which is linked to heart disease & inflammation.

Thanks for posting this! I discovered that as well when I was travelling for work. It is within walking distance of the site I work at when travelling and it is great that they list ingredients including cooking oils and spices. Plus, I eat there even when I'm not on whole 30 so it doesn't feel like I'm "missing out."

Archived