Just started Whole30 May 23rd

tinydancer60

Best wishes to both of you.

I am on Day 6.

Yesterday, day 5, I woke up feeling a bit brighter, no headache, but still sluggish in the gut.

Today, Day 6, we have "Poetry in Motion", if you get my meaning.

:)

So hang in there, sisters!

Just woke up for Day and i hope to avoid the head aches today :) Oncowarrior i hope the git is feeling better... loving the poetry in motion reference ;) i have some of my own motions yesterday... is this your first whole 30?

I also started May 23rd. So far, the side affects are just as the book describes for me. However, I find myself most irritable at night (perhaps b/c I used to have a glass of wine or 2). This is day 4 and aside from the prep work, its not too bad. I am curious if anyone else has experienced skin issues. My face has broken out, not acne but pimples and a small rash looking thing under my eye. I am 41 years old so I am a bit concerned. Anyone else experience this?

Just woke up for Day and i hope to avoid the head aches today :) Oncowarrior i hope the git is feeling better... loving the poetry in motion reference ;) i have some of my own motions yesterday... is this your first whole 30?

Hi, Lorelai, Yes it is.

Discovered it by accident when looking up a sweet potato recipe online.

I tried it for a week before my official start date.

There was a dinner event scheduled for 20 May which I wanted to attend that had a set menu.

I did not want to make a special order with the chef so I used the prior week for "practice", had the non-compliant dinner without any guilt, and proceeded to take the following day as Day 1.

That's the story.

I think the practice week actually helped me.

Its great when you stumble upon something so good OncoWarrior! I dived straight in and so far so good. I have been navigating all different social ovcasdiond this weekend I probably could have used a practice week ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just figured out where my original post was. 60 yrs old and not that technical. So today is day 15. How are you all doing? Not too bad here. Haven't fallen off the wagon but starting to miss my wine. I work in the entertainment industry and it's hard to explain why I can't sit and have drinks with my guests. I'm noticing small changes but nothing big.

Archived