Are the ingredients in the Le-Vel Thrive product compliant?

MegAugustine20

HELLO!

I am starting my first Whole30 on June 1st and am getting really excited! One thing I need to figure out is if I can continue doing the Thrive Experience through Le-Vel which consists of a two capsules, lifestyle mix and a DFT (Derma Fusion Technology). I have included the ingredients below so any help I can get would be SOOOO appreciated.

Premium Lifestyle Capsule

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size:
1 capsule
Servings Per Container:
Amount Per Serving: % Daily Value**
30%
100%
100%
60%
100%
100%

Chromium
L. plantarum, L. rhamnosus, Guarana Caffeine, Green tea
Caffeine, Glucosamine, White Willow Ext, Glutamine,
Green Coffee Bean, PEA, Kelp, Irvingia Extract, BCAA Blend,
Theobromine, Ginger Ext, Citrus Aurantium Ext, Aspartic
Acid, L-Serine, Grape Seed Ext, CoQ 10, White Tea Ext
* Daily Values not established ** Percent Daily Values
are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may
be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Contains: Shellfish

The Lifestyle Mix contains Milk so I answered my own question there...

Lifestyle DFT

THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS:
ForsLean
®
, Green Coffee
Bean Extract, Garcinia Cambogia, CoQ10, White Willow
Bark, Cosmoperine
®
. (ForsLean
®
and Cosmoperine
®
are
registered trademarks of Sabinsa Corp.)

• Moderators

Okay, I looked this up and it is absolutely not something we would recommend while you're doing the Whole30.

The Lifestyle mix sounds like a protein powder and we discourage Smoothies and Protein Shakes moothies: We’d rather you didn’t

This is a very popular question, with a very unpopular answer. Smoothies (generally made using lots of fruit) are technically compliant on your Whole30, but we strongly recommend against it. Food that you drink sends different satiety signals to your brain than food that you chew. So when you drink your meal, your brain isn’t getting the feedback it needs to tell your body that it’s had enough of what it needs. Plus, smoothies are generally really fruit-heavy, and starting your day off with a liquid sugar-bomb sets you up for cravings, hunger, and volatile energy levels throughout the day. In summary, we’d rather you just eat the food, and skip the smoothie.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.FOZFaIZi.dpuf

The patch is some sort of 'vitamin and mineral' delivery system which you do not need if you are eating a variety of protein, fat and colorful veggies... I would encourage you to do the Whole30 as written without these supplements... if you use both, you may consider the supplements the reason for feeling amazing and discount all the amazing benefits of the Whole30... also, it's a waste of money when you can just eat real, whole, satiating food. It's also come to my attention that because the ingredients are hidden behind proprietary 'forumlas' there's no way of knowing exactly what you're putting into/onto your body... no bueno

• Moderators

The product you are using is vitamins and appetite suppressants. Suppressing your appetite while doing a Whole30 is kind of like going on vacation while you are in a coma. You could say you've been there and done that, but it would have been a pretty worthless experience. 

Many moons ago, my mother and I ordered a similar complex of white willow bark, green tea, green coffee, guarana and so on.  Her heart began to race with arrhythmia, we threw all of it out.  Chemical vitamin cocktails have all kinds of effects on brains/hearts/bodies.

It's blind trust to take everything in a pill.  You really don't know how it will react.  It's a multi-crap shoot with your health.

Thank you all for your input, I really appreciate it! I have been taking Thrive since February and decided to just go off it before the weekend so I could prepare myself a little more to start the Whole30 tomorrow! Thanks again, this was very helpful!

• 7 months later...

Archived