Coconut Cream??? Yes I have read the No cream rule =)

socalmama

Grateful to this forum for sure! It very tricky to learn all the ends & outs! yes to use in cream. So the Califia coconut almond miil creamer is ok then? That was the only questionable ingredient =) 

Shopping today.. 1st week of food all planned out! 

• Moderators

Can I make coconut whipped cream and serve with fruit-. My daughter loves it.

Yes, as long as you don't sweeten it.

I would caution you, maybe not so much for your daughter depending on her age, but for yourself, not to make this a substitute "dessert" habit. There's nothing inherently wrong with fresh fruit with some whipped coconut cream, and it is a nice side dish, especially right now when so much fruit is coming into season, but if you start feeling like your meal isn't complete until you've had it, or if you start skipping vegetables or protein to have it, or if you start having just it for breakfast because you're tired of eggs and it's as close as you can get to sweet, carby breakfasts of pre-Whole30 days, then you'd need to really examine that and consider if that's really serving you well or if it's time to change that habit.

I had this mental idea (haven't tried it yet but mentally it seems it would be delicious: omelette filled with fruit and coconut cream for breakfast) tho I realize this meal is not complete because it lacks veggies, so maybe a side of veggies of some sort but I can't think of a veggie that would go good with this breakfast and not taste weird. Maybe sweet potatoes hash but this is getting carbalishious, maybe just a side of broccoli and mushroom eaten separately just to have a veggie.

My daughter calls it ice cream (no, I did not sweeten it and it is the normal Thi Kitchen type), but yes, I did feed it to her as "dessert".

Tho (from parenting books) I may start feeding her her "dessert" with dinner and tell her "eat it first, eat it last, eat it with, but you're not getting anything AFTER dinner."

(I know what she will do, she will eat it FIRST. Then later ask for dessert, but I can tell her then "remember? You already ate your dessert? If you're still hungry you can have some carrots or an orange")

Archived