Breastfeeding my 3 mo. old - she won't take any frozen pre-W30 milk?

I started June 1 and I am nursing my 3 month old. I work and pump, and found that she will no longer take a bottle of breastmilk that I pumped before starting my Whole30 and froze. It could be due to other things I guess but I was wondering if any other moms have experienced this also? She seems to have a sensitive tummy anyways but I guess I was surprised that this change to my diet would affect her so clearly. She must love the new milk! Thanks!

It could also be a change in composition of the milk. When my daughter was younger and stayed with grandparents, she wouldn't take my frozen milk either, but it was from about month 1 or 2 of pumping. I had no significant change in diet at that time either.

• 3 weeks later...

I am finding the same thing, my baby is 3 months and he spits up after drinking any milk pre Whole 30. He is also more mellow and happy since I have been on whole 30, which is good motivation to keep going! 

• 4 months later...

Younger babies can be sensitive to dairy in pre W30 breast milk. could be the lack of dairy in your diet the baby prefers. Also sometimes when frozen breastmilk can take on a metallic taste, if so you need to scald it on the stove before freezing. (in a pan till there are tiny bubbles on the edge then cool and freeze). since your baby is drinking frozen w30 milk I assume its a dairy sensitivity. Pumping is hard work, good job momma! the info I gave is from kellymom and lessons learned from IBCLC's.

Archived