Anyone use Onnit Products - particularly their MCT Oil?

aphid180

Keep coming across Onnit's products at my local Central Market. Curious if anyone has experience with them and has integrated into their Whole30 plan?

I'm particularly interested in their MCT Oil. I've heard good things about the energy benefits and was curious if their pricier version is better than the others I've come across.

• Moderators

If this is not something you are already using pre-whole30, I would strongly suggest against adding it in for the 'energy benefits' for your Whole30.  Part of this 'experiment' of a Whole30 is to see how foods affect you and adding in a bunch of additional (not entirely necessary) supplements is going to confuse that result.

As far as whether they're compliant, please make sure you're looking at the bottle in your hand before consuming it to make sure it's compliant, should you decide to take it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not familiar with the brand, but MCT oil is a great healthy fat to add to foods and has lots of great health benefits. The energy isn't like the up and downs of bad carbs, or the wired and jittery sensation of caffeine. it's not a get your "energy fix" kind of food, and that's a good thing.

But your body likes it as a preferred source of fat to run on, and letting your body get used to running on fats instead of carbs is fantastic.

It's not necessary but it is great stuff.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I'm new to the program as well. I'm still in the research and prep stages. I've been taking two Onnit products for a few months now - Alpha Brain and Shroomtech Sport. The Alpha Brain has soy in it so I know that it isn't Whole30 compliant. I'm having trouble determining whether the Shroomtech Sport is or is not Whole30 compliant. It helps me immensely with my workouts and motivation to exercise regularly. Thanks for your help. 

https://www.onnit.com/shroomtech-sport/

It looks to be compliant, but in all honesty it goes against the spirit of the program where we ask you to eat whole foods. All of the ingredients in this supplement can be found in whole foods, and in higher quantities - as is the case with most supplements of this kind.

Why not ditch the supplements for 30 days and see if you don't actually feel & perform better eating real food rather than relying on synthetics.

It's only 30 days.

Archived