Day 21 and no change

Hello all. I am in Day 21. For the past few days, I have had less energy than before I started. I have been so strictly sticking to the diet. I am never hungry, eating lots of fruits, veggies, meat, and some nuts.My dark circles were gone on day 8, and back by day 13. Worst of all, I've started to have diarrhea. It is so discouraging because I have been giving up everything I love. Any advice or anyone else go through this?

• Moderators

The reason we ask you to provide details of what you have been eating for the past 3 days is because you can follow the Whole30 program strictly and fail to consume well-composed, appropriate meals. Almost everyone needs to make adjustments in what they are eating to maximize success. 

Sure!

Breakfast everyday- two eggs, handful of cashews, and a cup of strawberries, half a cup of blue berries, 1-2 cups of coffee

Lunch- boneless skinless chicken thighs (3), two cups broccoli, sweet potato

Dinner- 1: two eggs, romaine with Whole30 dressing, half of an avocado

Dinner- 2: whole30 recipe chicken meatballs, zucchini, and sweet potato

After dinner I have a banana and cashew butter.

Dinner-3: 1 serving of whole30 chili (from the book)

I basically eat the same lunch and breakfast but alternate dinners

Nuts and broccoli are notoriously hard on the gut. Nuts/seeds/butters should be an occasional food at most. Maybe try a different (not cruciferous) veggie?

When eggs are your sole protein, it should be as many as fit in your hand without dropping, so for most women 3-4.

Also romain and zucchini have a really high water content which means you have to eat a lot of it to get your recommended veggies in.

Some of your meals look light on fat. Make sure you have fat.

Basically, it looks like you aren't eating enough which seems really weird when you're used to eating smaller amounts, but seriously it'll help

Archived