Starting Whole30 on July 18

jlowe15

How's it going with reintroductions guys? I started with wine, which made me tired and nonproductive. Thats ok sometimes, but not as often as I had been indulging before whole30. 

I tried dairy today since I missed it most. I've had itching in the back of my throat and have had to clear my throat most of the day, I guess its a bit phlegmy. Its nothing major, but it is annoying. I guess I have a "sensitivity"? This is new territory for me. Anyone else have experience with this? I'll see how I feel the next 2 days.

I wasn't very gung ho about eating dairy today, I felt kind of like I didn't want to mess with a good thing, since the whole30 diet has agreed with me so well. However, I am planning to do the fast track reintroductions because I really want to do this right and figure out how things affect me. I'm spending just as much time thinking about and preparing food as I was last week. Lots of work! 

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's it going with reintroductions guys? I started with wine, which made me tired and nonproductive. Thats ok sometimes, but not as often as I had been indulging before whole30. 

I tried dairy today since I missed it most. I've had itching in the back of my throat and have had to clear my throat most of the day, I guess its a bit phlegmy. Its nothing major, but it is annoying. I guess I have a "sensitivity"? This is new territory for me. Anyone else have experience with this? I'll see how I feel the next 2 days.

I wasn't very gung ho about eating dairy today, I felt kind of like I didn't want to mess with a good thing, since the whole30 diet has agreed with me so well. However, I am planning to do the fast track reintroductions because I really want to do this right and figure out how things affect me. I'm spending just as much time thinking about and preparing food as I was last week. Lots of work! 

So far re-intros are going o.k. I did dairy first and it went really well. Yesterday day I re-introduced gluten grains and my acid reflux flared back up. I'm going to stretch out my reintroductions a bit longer as I'd like to test it out again. Today I'm back to eating normal Whole30 and feel fine. Makes me so happy to know I can go back to my Whole30 ways and I feel better. Will wait a few more days then try again...just want to be sure. I hope everyone else is doing well with re-introductions.

I too started my first day with dairy. Went real well until I had a little ice cream. I already knew I would have issues but that confirmed it. Lol

waited 3 days and today I'm eating non gluten grains. I went to babysit my grandsons over Friday and Saturday and realized I wouldn't be able to reintroduce the grains properly so I decided to wait till today. So far so good. Can't wait for my corn tortilla with my fish tacos tonight. 

Im also being a little bit lax on my other foods, still basically eating non sugar but I had bacon that I'm sure had sugars and I ate a few cranberries on my salad that I'm sure we're sweetened. I didn't ask well cuz I didn't really want to know.   I feel when I buy these types of foods I will buy non added sugar products, but when eating out or somewhere else I don't need to be so strict. 

Have a great week everyone

On 8/21/2016 at 5:57 AM, Incandescent said:

I've had itching in the back of my throat and have had to clear my throat most of the day, I guess its a bit phlegmy. Its nothing major, but it is annoying. 

Dairy affects me like this as well.

I've had a few days away for a combined family and work trip. I did careful reintro's after my first W30 so have a fair idea how different foods affect me. Unfortunately, this didn't stop me using my trip as an excuse to completely fall of track. I've had daily headaches and discovered that even natural sugars like apple juice cause these. I feel uncomfortably bloated, my face is puffy in the morning and my stomach looks very bloated and feels inflamed. Worst of all, I have developed mouth ulcers which I suspect is down to wheat.

I've decided to join the W30 starting 5th September to coincide with the launch of Melissa's new book, which I'm going to pre order. I am simply unable to moderate my food choices and am desperately hoping 'Food Freedom' will provide some answers on how to go on from here.

I know its fixable by just going back on whole30 for a couple days, but I'm disappointed in myself for drinking 3 drinks last night - making me super groggy this morning, and dehydrated. I don't want to reintroduce anything today cuz I won't know whether it was the booze or the new food affecting me. Now I'm dragging this process out more. 

I started the day intending to try gluten-free grains. I had a bowl of quick cook steel cut oats (trader joe's ) with blueberries, ghee and almond milk. I ate a chicken apple sausage and a bunch of spinach on the side since it felt wrong not to have my protein and veggies in the morning. By 11am I was ravenous and loopy. I wasn't home so I couldn't have any food until 12:15 at lunch time. 

I ate a whole30 compliant lunch because I wanted to see how this oatmeal thing played out. After lunch I was so tired. I'm kinda confused because oatmeal is the last thing I expected to be allergic to or sensitive to. I'm really wondering whats up with this? Anyone else had a negative reaction to oatmeal?

Can starchy foods create hunger a couple hours down the road? Thats what seems to happen to me, even if I add in protein and veggies.

Archived