I blame this on YOU, Whole 30!

Today I wandered into the kitchen, late afternoon, thinking "Snack. I need a snack. What can I eat?"

I looked at the traditional snacks (yup, still have those things in the house) and the chocolate cake I had just made for my husband.... opened cupboard doors.... looked in the fridge.... I hardly ever snack any more so this was a big puzzle.

"Ah-ha!" I thought to myself. "Here's something yummy!"

I was about half way through my snack when I realized what I was doing. I gave my head a shake. "You are snacking!" I scolded myself. In front of me was a great big bowl of carrots & potatoes. Tsk. So I added some ghee, and a palm of salmon, called it an early supper, and said to myself...

"So it has come to this, has it? Letting your body tell you what it really wants, are ya?"

Thank you Whole 30!

• 1 month later...

And furthermore....

Re: sugar in coffee.... I forgot to specify "without the base mixture" when I ordered an iced coffee the other day. "Oh well" I thought, "how bad could it be?" I used to drink it & liked it. Wrong. Dis-gus-ting! Really awful. Sometimes you forget how much your taste buds have changed. 

Re: cream in coffee.... It was accidentally added, and I'm uber-polite, so I sipped away..... But, you know.... gah!

Ever since my last W30 I have been drinking black coffee. I am constantly thinking how much I like coffee "the old way" but I still drink it black, feeling all virtuous & pleased with myself. Ha Ha! It turns out.... black coffee is now not only preferred, but if I can't have it black, I don't want it. 

TY W30!

On ‎2016‎-‎09‎-‎06 at 2:20 PM, susanleaf said:

I just started my first Whole 30, second day, and I am curious about changes in my eating habits that may occur.   

Looking forward to seeing you back here and doing a bit of W30 "blaming" yourself!

Best of everything!

• 3 weeks later...

It's amazing that what seemed like such a daunting task 30 plus days ago has become a habit. I "finished" my first whole 30 almost two weeks ago. Yet I haven't reintroduced any foods.  When I read the book it said don't reintroduce it if you don't miss it. Well, oddly, I'm not missing anything!  I know next week I will be going to sushi lunch with my friends and even though I am able to stay compliant when I go, I will probably give in this time to having the bang bang shrimp. So this will be my first experience with an off plan food.  Well, technically my second, but the first time I tried an onion ring and spit it out before I swallowed it. The grease was just horrible tasting in my mouth I couldn't do it.

I didn't know this would become a lifestyle when I started. I thought I'd try it and see if I could lose weight and get healthier.  I will warn those still in their 30 days....do NOT give in to weighing yourself during the 30 days. It is not worth it.  I was tempted around week 3 because my clothes were fitting better, and I just couldn't wait to see a smaller number. I was disappointed.  And then I asked myself why. It's just a number. I'm feeling better, I'm exercising more (because I WANT to and FEEL good enough to do it now), and while the number is very slowly coming down, I've lost inches and a pant size in 40 some days.  Screw the number on the scale.  You are not defined by that. Your success is not defined by it.  Just follow the plan, and enjoy the benefits of nourishing your body with healthy foods.  Because really, that's what's all about.  If your lucky you'll find you don't want to go back to your old ways of eating.

Archived