"Pasta" sauces for muy spiraled veggies??

WholeKitty

LOL - I liked the tomato sauce from the Whole30 cookbook, but it was really time-intensive for me. If nothing else, it'd be easy to get a big can of crushed tomatoes (I think the brand I get is called Cento's?), add some spices, warm it up, and call it a sauce. Add other things - chopped onions, chopped carrots, etc - as you will.

Any great recipes that people swear by? The simpler the better, because I'm a bad chef haha.

Yep. One can tomato puree, 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes, a bunch of jarred garlic, 1/2 onion, some salt, ground oregano and a bunch of Italian seasoning.  I dump it in with fried hamburger and eat it almost every day over sautéed mushrooms.

When pinched for time, I use a large container of deli-fresh salsa (compliant), add extra cans tomatoes, spices and GF ground beef.  I add some shredded carrots, peppers, everything else you can think of.  Old tennis shoes, pinecones and grass clippings. I freeze, save in individual bags and reheat in boiling water.  I throw my Italian meat sauces over inspiralized fresh greens, more shredded carrots or french cut (canned) green beans...when you don't have time for spiralized vege. 

I made this Creamy Citrus Basil dressing last week and put it on my garden zucchini this morning, along with some grilled chicken breast.  I love my  new recipe, it doesn't separate and stays fresh. A week old and still good today!

1 orange or .5c orange juice
.25 c apple cider vinegar 
.5 c olive oil 
.25 c tightly packed fresh basil
.5 t sea salt 
2 hard-boiled egg yolks

Blend until smooth, adjust to taste. I wanted more vinegar personally. I used my egg white halves as tasting vessels

Costco's house brand marinara is compliant in my region, check yours.  It's really good and obv only requires opening the jar.   :)

Yup! I LOVE that Costco has compliant marinara!

Also, Aldi has a compliant pasta sauce too (Simply Nature brand)! Before I got my Costco card, I stocked up at Aldi :)

Aldi's Simply Nature diced tomatoes are compliant as well (I use these to make my ketchup). Aldi Specially Selected medium garlic salsa is compliant. LOVE it on my eggs! 

Note, these are all compliant at MY Aldi at this point in time... just make sure to read the label in the store to make sure.

Archived