Just whining

skeslack

So, something I've discovered in this process is that part of traveling for me is enjoying the food wherever we go and the fun of having snacks and treats on road trips that we don't have all the time. I am on Day 19 of my Whole 30 and we are taking a short weekend trip to the coast from our house. It is disappointing to me that I am so psychologically addicted to snacking on the road, etc. it isn't that I snack a lot but I think that simply not being able to do what is always fun for me is frustrating. We always stop and get a Dutch Bros coffee drink for me and a smoothie for the hubs in our way out of town and pack up snacks for the road. We mostly do that because we don't always stop for real meals. This weekend will be an interest challenge with that in addition to eating out. Anyone else have a similar connection with food and travel? P.S. I ALWAYS take pictures of my food when we travel and review the restaurants on Trip Advisor and post the photos. :-(

Let's turn the whine into a WIN!

It is disappointing to me that I am so psychologically addicted to snacking=> it is eye opening to me that I used to be addicted...

simply not being able to do what is always fun for me is frustrating=> choosing not to do so is empowering...

pack up snacks for the road. We mostly do that because we don't always stop for real meals.=> don't need to pack because we're packing real meals...

I ALWAYS take pictures of my food when we travel => I'll take pictures of my new whole30 choices!

On this trip you'll learn new foods, think differently about them, and learn more abt you food habits! I have special meals that I usually eat only while traveling. So I've turned an "ugh I can't..." Into an "ooh I get to...!" You can too.

Enjoy the trip!

LucieB thank you for the EPIC response! That was just what I needed! I have to admit though we didn't pack real meals. My husband is not doing this with me so that makes it hard. We are finding places I can eat thought like a buffet where a I can get salad bar and lovely salmon filets to go with it. I'm feeling pretty good so far. Thank you! <3 S

Archived