Day 26, and I'm dying.....

ntmom7

I posted for suggestions in another thread, but I'm dying here. I am cooking for 9 people three meals a day every day. I went into the kitchen to make lunch and found that the egg salad I had planned can't happen. They ate all of the boiled eggs but 6. That is not enough to feed all nine of us. The thought of cooking another meal brings me to tears. I've used the slow cooker, I've baked ahead, I've boiled and scrambled eggs..... I can not seem to get out of the kitchen. We homeschool as well, so we will all be home all day for the rest of eternity. How on earth do I make this easier??????? It's Friday and the fridge is empty again. They are eating everything and I simply cannot keep up. Often there is not enough left for my husband and I. We had to make breakfast twice today. We went through 10 lbs of potatoes in just one dinner. And yes, the kids are helping with food prep, but this is out of control. Any thoughts or advice would be helpful. Please imagine cooking for dinner guests every day all day long......That is what the last 26 days has felt like. On the positive side, we've made it 26 days.

• Moderators

I don't really have anything useful to offer, but if you google Whole30 forum large family, you should find past posts from other people. I know we've had several families of five or more, I think the biggest was a family of 10 or 11.

Good luck to you, and congratulations on making it to day 26!

Can you 'close' the kitchen at certain times in the day? That way at least you'll know that when you go back next time that the eggs will still be there... It should  also knock any snacking habit on the head because everyone only gets to eat at meal times... Just a thought.

I think you've done amazingly well so far!!

Thank you. Day 28. It looks like we will fall short by one day. I'm leaving town to see my sick father, and the kids will need sandwiches while I am gone. We will have gone 29 days with 9 people. I think we've done pretty well. This is just a little much for my husband to handle without me. We will continue eating this way when I get back though. 

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

I would get a separate fridge for another room such as your room or the garage. I always have to hide food, but I hide all lunch snacks and bottles of water or I can’t keep up.  Or make boiled eggs and put a sign on them that says, “Do not eat!”  Also, my advice would be to just do Whole 30 for yourself and make some of your meals separate.  They will still enjoy the results!

• 1 year later...

Archived