Primal Kitchen Avocado oil mayo

JujuTiger

I have a question regarding the Primal Kitchen mayo. I've seen it at Costco and was curious, and after reading the ingredients I assumed it wasn't compliant due to the added honey. I even saw another post where someone posted a photo of the ingredients and it was determined to be non compliant by the moderator. However, if you click on the "Whole 30 Approved" link, under the approved products, you will find it there. I would still think it's non compliant because of the honey, am I missing something? 

image.png

I have a question regarding the Primal Kitchen mayo. I've seen it at Costco and was curious, and after reading the ingredients I assumed it wasn't compliant due to the added honey. I even saw another post where someone posted a photo of the ingredients and it was determined to be non compliant by the moderator. However, if you click on the "Whole 30 Approved" link, under the approved products, you will find it there. I would still think it's non compliant because of the honey, am I missing something? 

• Moderators

I suspect you should look again to make sure you were looking at the right mayo at Costco. I reviewed labels of the Primal Kitchen mayo recently and none of them included honey or any other form of sugar as an ingredient. The jars I looked at were compliant. When looking at the Primal Kitchen website, the ingredient list published is Whole30-compliant.  If you saw a jar that listed honey as ingredient, it is not compliant. 

Regardless, I would encourage you to make your own mayo. It is easy once you get the hang of it, tasty, and a little cheaper. 

Archived