Very Sore Gums

I think it's because of the meat getting stuck between my teeth and flossing more than a couple times a day but it's getting to the point that I don't want to eat beef.

Anyone have an suggestions, besides ground meat? I can only do chicken or fish so often.

I've actually never had this problem, and on the rare occasions that I DO have gum problems, it's because a technically compliant and terrible choice food (plantain chips) got stuck in my gums. Call it bad dental hygiene, which I'll red but I never find it necessary to

This is probably a stupid suggestion, but just relying on a knife more to cut your meat rather than your canines could lower the amt of stuff that gets stuck in your teeth. Personally, I use my canines to gnaw apart meat with the best of them, but if you're having problems, it's something simple to consider.

Hmm... are you sure you are getting enough carbs? Have some sweet potatoes, otherwise. I get sore gums when I do not eat enough carbs and I have had several discussions with my dentist about it. He tells me that he sees a lot of gum problems when people are going low carb.

I will look into more carbs... I think I am doing pretty good but maybe not for "me."

Hubby made some amazing ribeyes last night and despite little bitty bites, I was sore enough to consider an analgesic after only half a meal. It's in my molar region not near my canines.

I will just have to keep things soft for a few days. I was waffling on trying almond meal mush for a meal, and may just have to go for it because anything "fibery" - beef, celery, plum skins, etc. are all causing me issues.

Will also see what meals we have planned out (we do a weekly thing) that I can convert to a crockpot meal since that can help make the meat softer.

Archived