IT Work Greens

Carol Lue

I have been drinking Geens daily for 5 months and I'm wondering if I can continue.  It helps with chronic constipation.  I started Whole30 last Monday, August 8th and have followed it completely but stopped drinking the Greens when I started.  Now, things are moving, if you get my drift.  I don't see anything in the ingredients that I recognize as being offensive but I'm just wondering if anyone knows if it's allowed or not.  I would love to begin drinking it again.  I've attached the nutrion info. Thanks for your advice!  Carol Lue

It Works Greens Ingredients.jpg

• Moderators

Sorry, one contains barley fibre and one contains pea fibre, both being grains and both off limits during your Whole30.  Your post said things are moving.... did you mean 'aren't moving'?

Are you eating a lot of green veggies? It's often quite uncommon for people to be constipated on Whole30 when following the template and eating the 3+ cups of veggies recommended, along with the 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight... are you hitting these targets?

Sorry yes, I meant they are not moving.  Green veggies are challenging for me.  I cannot eat raw greens or raw vegetables as it causes great pain.  Most high fiber foods have the opposite affect on me and I have to typically follow a low residue diet.  I am drinking lots of water as that is pretty much all I am drinking.  My gut doesn't work well obviously.  Thanks for your response. 

• Moderators

Cook all your veggies. Focus on root veggies. If cooking greens like kale or chard, add a splash of vinegar. The vinegar improves taste and helps digestion. 

Aside from multiple ingredients hidden in the fine print of this product, we encourage you to eat real food during a Whole30. Powders that you mix with water to consume are not real food. They are highly processed and are a far cry from consuming the real thing. And honestly, this stuff is full of fruit. The fruit is not there because it adds to the nutrition. The fruit makes you think it is full of good stuff. The reality is that vegetables are more nutritious than fruit across the board. There is nothing you get from fruit that is superior to what is available from veggies with the exception of taste. 

Also, the Greens contain gluten (Barley.) I had a ton of people try to get me to use those because they are labeled "Allergen free."  This is a little sneaky since they contain gluten which would make me very sick since I have celiac disease. It kind of bothers me that they are labeled "Allergen free." 

Archived