Starting August 22! Woo Hoo

EJSmith

4 minutes ago, Vick said:

Well dang... do they make sunflower seed butter that doesn't have that then? If so, what brands?

As far as I know they do, yes - I'm not in the states though (and it's not really a 'thing' here), and so I couldn't recommend a brand (and brands can change ingredrients from region to region or even from month to month)... As with everything you really just need to read the labels.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jmcbn said:

As far as I know they do, yes - I'm not in the states though (and it's not really a 'thing' here), and so I couldn't recommend a brand (and brands can change ingredrients from region to region or even from month to month)... As with everything you really just need to read the labels.

Sadface): Well thanks for saving me! It would have really sucked to mess up this far into it.

How is day 8 going for everyone?

Today is the first day I have really struggled: I woke up starving (not a bad thing per se) and even an enormous breakfast didn't satiate me. I ended up eating a nakd bar as a mid morning snack, which is not great and though it is technically compliant, I'm frustrated with myself for feeding my sugar dragon.  Oh well, what's done is done!

2 hours ago, Dispatchgirl said:

I'm in Canada, do you have a Bulk Barn where you are? If so they have natural nut butters and seed butters :) 

Unfortunately, I don't have that near me :/ I have whole foods and trader joes and thats about it.

• Moderators

@Vick for me, it's easier to find almond butter without sugar, so I sub it for sunbutter. The flavor is a little different but it works. If you have a food processor, you can make your own nut and seed butters as well, then you know exactly what is in them.

14 hours ago, ShannonM816 said:

@Vick for me, it's easier to find almond butter without sugar, so I sub it for sunbutter. The flavor is a little different but it works. If you have a food processor, you can make your own nut and seed butters as well, then you know exactly what is in them.

Thank you! What brand of food processor would you (and everyone else reading) recommend?

I had my first dessert dream! It was super weird. I ate cake (which is unlike me because I would always choose a cupcake over cake, duh) and then I hoarded it and wouldn't put it down as I walked through the house.  It looked like the huge cake from Matilda- super chocolatey but not necessarily even good looking. 

I woke up feeling so annoyed that I had screwed up! 

Thank goodness for only dreams. 

Day 10 not great :( I'm still only eating compliant foods but today has by far been my hardest!!! I fought through many cravings and urges to just give up! Today I am feeling bloated and gross which is new, I have felt great in those regards until today. I am praying the Day 11 is easier! 

• Moderators
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:20 AM, Vick said:

Thank you! What brand of food processor would you (and everyone else reading) recommend?

I have a Breville that I splurged on a couple of years ago which I really love, but I know there are good options that aren't as expensive. There have been discussions on the forum in the past where people talked about their favorite kitchen tools including food processors, here's some of those past discussions. 

Hi Everyone, it's Day 13...everyone still here? :) I feel like I've kind of stabilized -- not feeling nauseated every time I eat, not getting hungry between meals, not panicking about having enough of the right things in the house... but I'm not seeing much change either. Or maybe I had just a bit more energy today? Anyway, can't wait for the Tiger Blood phase! Good luck all!

Hi everyone! Are you still in? 

I've fallen off the wagon a little in terms of the meal templates but staying strong on compliant foods. I've got my mojo back today and looking forward to pushing ahead with 2 full weeks of healthy and mindful eating before the W30 officially ends. As ever, my downfall has been caused by failure to meal prep sufficiently and I don't have any excuse as I haven't even been that busy! So, onwards and upwards :)

4 hours ago, AlexLifts said:

Hi everyone! Are you still in? 

I've fallen off the wagon a little in terms of the meal templates but staying strong on compliant foods. I've got my mojo back today and looking forward to pushing ahead with 2 full weeks of healthy and mindful eating before the W30 officially ends. As ever, my downfall has been caused by failure to meal prep sufficiently and I don't have any excuse as I haven't even been that busy! So, onwards and upwards :)

I'm still in, can't believe it's day 17! Have had some moments of extra snacking but have stayed compliant :) I'm with you on 2 weeks of healthy/mindful eating!

Have a great day everyone!

Day 19, still hanging in there.  My mom is even willing to make compliant meals when I go down to visit!

I had an interesting experience yesterday. I ate some eggplant and it caused me some discomfort. Now, I knew I wasn't a fan of eggplant, and I suspected that issues I'd had in the past with ratatouille and some other dishes might have been caused by eggplant. But since everything else I had was compliant, that was the thing that stood out in my mind. It's nice, though, to have it confirmed!  I don't have a problem with other nightshades -- except for maybe peppers, another vegetable that I am not fond of and that I don't choose to eat unless necessary. Is it possible to have a sensitivity to one item in a category and not the others? Tomatoes are nightshades, but yet I could eat them daily and I don't seem to have any adverse reaction....\

• 2 weeks later...

One more day!  Can't wait to do an evaluation Wednesday and see what's better . . . . I already know I've lost weight -- sorry but I had to measure my hips a couple weeks ago to order new pants because the ones I was wearing felt like clown pants, big and baggy! Also had to get a new belt, the one I bought just 6 weeks ago had run out of holes! (This time I got a braided one, for more hole possibilities!) Definitely feel better overall, and my skin is smoother, and no dairy has meant few sinus issues -- and the sinus infection that should have shown up this month was missing! (Had infections in March, and again in June,  needed antibiotics both times.)

I'll have to find a winter vegetable I like as much as tomatoes -- they've been my salvation, lots of trips to the farmers market and a gracious manager who's been bringing me his spare cherry tomatoes. I have found some recipes that will be on my permanent cooking list. Still no cravings for sweets, but I do miss my crackers/chips....

Day 30 WE DID IT!!!

My non scale victories.....my sleep has vastly improved, I fall asleep so easily and at an earlier time, I've been in a much better mood, happy all the time :) I haven't noticed a ton of extra energy but maybe a bit, I definitely have less digestive issues (no bloating at all, I'm regular and barely any gas). A lot less cravings but still once in awhile. I have also found a new love for cooking! The only thing I really missed was red wine, I do love a good glass of wine once in awhile. I am going to continue following the Whole30 rules but I will indulge only when it's really worth it! I also lost 7 lbs, haven't checked inches yet.

I hope everyone else had a great 30 days as well!

Yay Day 30!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't feel the Tiger Blood -- I thought I was doing something wrong. :-) But maybe I need to find out if there's other stuff I should not be eating . . . like maybe do some specific FODMAP or nightshade eliminations. (Already know that eggplant is a big time NO NO for me.)  I am getting better sleep, and digestive-ly -- tons better! I don't have acid reflux anymore . . . I was doing two antacids every night there for months before Whole 30. I miss crackers/chips -- but there may be some other options out there to indulge in occasionally (found some Honest Jackson sweet potato chips that are technically compliant; yes, I did use them but they did not become a snack item but an accessory to get some extra veggies in -- took me 3 weeks to go through the 4 servings in the bag). The best thing is definitely the lack of cravings. I can look at candy, cakes, and yes, even potato chips and not act.

I have a work reception this Friday at which the person handling the reception just told me "Eat as much as you can" because we're paying an arm and a leg for the food! So . . . we'll see what's compliant.

Well done guys! Wonderful to hear all these victories. 

I made it to day 30 and then had a glass of champagne to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Im feeling so much better digestively, energy and sleep improved, skin and nails looking great but I still have some timing and portion things to work through especially when it comes to pre and post wo so the goal is to keep going until 21st October. 

Archived