Starting Whole 30 on September 5th

Mamagill08

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, MalinHillevi said:

'll try to skim through the recipe section before grocery shopping on Sunday

If you do decide to follow the meal plan in the book there is an unofficial download available with all the ingredients you'll need. It was written by TinaR. She went through the meal plan in Whole30 and made a list! 

7 Day Shopping List for Meal Plan

Best of luck in the marathon! 

13 minutes ago, mmjcollins said:

starting on the 5th.  I was listening to a radio program for financial planning and someone was asking for advice on how to plan for their future medical bills because of the chronic conditions they had. I think I would rather use my retirement to enjoy life.

This is so sad....we plan to be sick instead of planning to live healthy lives... :( 

Hi! I had a very informative and overall very positive experience doing my first Whole30 this past June 1-30, but have had difficulty with the re-emergence of my sugar dragon since re-intro. (Also had a vacation in San Francisco last month that involved much sourdough and Ghiradelli). So I would like to do the September Whole 30 and keep learning how to eat best for my body and energy. So - here goes, I think this means I've just re-committed! I am looking forward to the accountability factor - and handling re-intro differently this time! And figuring out how to fit exercise into my day, which has always been my biggest challenge.

Good luck everyone!

Hello! I'm also starting on Sept. 5. I was on the Paleo diet for two years and felt wonderful. I started eating badly a few months ago while on holiday and just haven't been able to get back to eating well. I hope I can reset my body by doing the Whole30. 

I'm also starting on Monday!  It will be my second Whole30, my first was two years ago.  I've kept a lot of the good habits I established, while others fell by the wayside. I've had some mild joint pain and skin problems that I hope will improve and I haven't been sleeping as well I should.

I've been shopping and cleaned out the pantry.  I plan on making some salad dressings and other condiments this weekend and look forward to some meals on the grill.  It's just my husband and me and he'll eat whatever I cook!  The only thing I will truly miss is wine, but I've done this before and I can do it again!

Hey everyone!  I'm brand new to the forum but not to Whole30.  I've done at least a dozen of them over the last 6 years, and am looking forward to my next one starting September 5.  Because I've done it so many times I tend to get a little lazy with the rules, and it's easy for me to fall back into my old habits once it's over because I know I'll do another one in a few months.  Goals for this month are to get in the habit of weekly food prep and to have a smooth transition after the 30 days are over.   So.  Here I am, just as vulnerable, nervous, and eager as I was when I started my first Whole30 several years ago.  Cheers!

Hi all, this is my second Whole30 and I'm filled with anxiety. My first was 9 months ago and I loved it. I've since move from Spain back to Wales and in the process gained 20lb...Grhhhh! My first thought was to try a regular group Slimming club but the amount of carbs in the programme was far too much for me so I failed immediately. I know the Whole30 journey is a good fit for me so I've signed up for the 5th September and am busy trying to plan my first week. Are there any other UK based Whole30ers out there? I'd be interested to hear how you swop out American based products for what we can find in our supermarkets? 

Just writing this post is making me feel a lot more positive so onwards and upwards!

Carpe diem......

On 30 August 2016 at 2:34 PM, VivaLaMeredith said:

@Cannylassy No you won't quit this time, we're all in this together and here to support one another! May I ask what caused you to quit last time? How will you avoid the same situation this time?

Lack of planning and burnout, mainly. That and severe headaches. I have a few emergency meals in the freezer already, going to add to them this weekend as well as cooking for the week.

My sugar intake is way down on what it was, as well. At that point, my diet was horrifically crap. This time, it's just somewhat awful, and this is changing. 

13 minutes ago, Murcian said:

Hi all, this is my second Whole30 and I'm filled with anxiety. My first was 9 months ago and I loved it. I've since move from Spain back to Wales and in the process gained 20lb...Grhhhh! My first thought was to try a regular group Slimming club but the amount of carbs in the programme was far too much for me so I failed immediately. I know the Whole30 journey is a good fit for me so I've signed up for the 5th September and am busy trying to plan my first week. Are there any other UK based Whole30ers out there? I'd be interested to hear how you swop out American based products for what we can find in our supermarkets? 

Just writing this post is making me feel a lot more positive so onwards and upwards!

Carpe diem......

Hi! I'm up in the northeast.

One of my local health food shops sells coconut aminos. Otherwise, I'm likely looking at a lot of internet shopping, I think? What is it you're looking for?

My entire house (myself, my husband and my 18 year-old son) is starting the Whole30 on the 5th. My son, Jacob, and I did the W30 successfully back in March and I agree that it really changed my life. It was Jacob's idea. (Our next-door neighbor told him about it.) I had just been diagnosed in February with type 2 diabetes and was surly about the doctor prescribing medicine without suggesting dietary changes first. So I did not take my medicine, but I was struggling to improve my diet effectively. W30 sounded like just the plan, and it was! Here at the end of August, I am 30 pounds lighter and my a1c dropped from 6.5 in March to 5.9 in May - with NO medication.

My husband was very supportive of our March W30 but was very clear that this was NOT for him. (Through my comments, please understand that I love this man that I have been married to for 25 years! He is truly one of my heroes.) My husband, David, is a fast-food, junk-food junky. His eating habbits are terrible and his body suffers for it. The thought of giving up sugar and dairy was ridiculous to him. But I think when he saw our results (Jacob lost 30 pounds in March and I lost 17) and the good food we were eating, it softened his stance against the W30. I do most of the cooking, so he was eating compliant dinners with us and enjoying most of them. We tried to do a W30 in June, along with my oldest son Zachary who was home from college, but David and I failed miserably. Zachary ended up the only one who made it through. So we all talked and agreed to try in September. When I got a newsletter announcing the September Whole 30, it made sense to join that. So here we are!

I am psyched about this W30!! Can't wait to completely eliminate sugar again. I would like to lose another 15 pounds, but I mainly want my tiger blood back. I have never felt as energetic and healthy as I did at the end of March. Jacob and I have started a beginner yoga class that we love, and I am looking forward to getting more excersize through this W30 and feeling even better!

Good luck to everyone!

Hi everyone!

I'm starting my second Whole30 on Sept 5 as well. I had a lot of success in Feb- March but unfortunately let those not so good for me foods back in my kitchen and life.

I'm excited to do re-intro right this time and figure out exactly what foods are causing my tiredness, ADD, fuzzy head, allergies, and stomach issues!

My husband isn't *completely* on board this time, but I'm keeping a 90% W30 fridge and pantry, which worked last time.

Wishing all of you luck!

kate

Planning on starting Monday too, I keep planning on it and failing. Maybe starting with a group of others might help. I know I can do it, there's just so much going on in life right now, but I managed to quit alcohol six months ago. The problem is that sugar and caffeine picked up since. And now I'm working 60 hours a week at our store that is quite slow so I'm getting less sleep, and spending a lot of time bored. Still, I KNOW I can get healthier, and I KNOW I will feel better physically, mentally and emotionally with this. So I just need to make it happen!

I'm jumping in on this start day. I've done a few before and am here for a tuneup. A September W30 is appealing as I've never  seemed to lose that school feeling of it being the beginning of the year. I love that farmers markets are still active but it's getting cool and enough to actually begin thinking of cooking again. 

I don't drink wine and cheese is not a big thing for me- so for me and my lifestyle it isn't a big deal. However, for you it sounds like it is a big deal, so you have to decide what works best for YOU! I would say if you don't think you'll be successful by starting tomorrow then don't, just wait and start Tuesday.  I've never done a Whole30, but it seems like to me this is all about doing what is best for you to become healthy!  

I am also starting September 5th. This will be my first time. I read the whole 30 books earlier this year but never committed to starting. I'm now at my heaviest weight ever and feeling the affects of it. I'm ready for change and to feel good again. I followed the paleo diet last summer and felt amazing only to fall off the wagon. Hoping to feel that good again. 

4 hours ago, 50andstillhere said:

Is anyone else feeling like they will be missing out on wine and cheese by starting tomorrow instead of September 6.   Since this is last day of Labor Day weekend?? Just curious and feeling a little weak. 

Have you made the commitment to yourself to start on the 5th? If so, you should try to honour that... You are so much more important than wine and cheese on a holiday Monday. And hey- today is the 4th so could you enjoy those things today and start fresh on tomorrow? 

I can see the side of things the way @Lisa Kay put it too so I guess you need to evaluate why you want to put it off a day. Because you really NEED wine and cheese on Sept 5, or because your just stressed about starting. 

You can do it, we are all in the same boat. 

I am starting tomorrow also, hoping to figure out what is causing my digestive issues and joint pain. Having my sons start with me, my oldest has RA and has to take weekly injections for it  and I feel my youngest is heading toward diabetes and I would like to prevent that from happening. I have already prepped my first meal that will get me through the first few days. Good luck to ALL

6 days of meal planning and shopping done in preparation for Day 1 tomorrow. I've got a beef broth in the slow cooker which I will use in many of my recipes this week. But nervous about losing weight as I really cannot afford to lose weight. Anyone else in the same boat or is everyone hoping to lose weight on the whole 30?

I'm starting on the 5th, too! Excited and nervous! My first whole30 was 3 years ago - and crazy successful.  Life happened and I let the sugar dragon creep in....so I am ready to give it a go again...I'll be needing the support of the other whole30-ers! Looking forward to checking in here often!!

Archived