So far off the horse I don't know if I can find it again...

I did the January Whole30 and kept it Whole30ish until May then I fell off the wagon. In the middle of June I started another Whole30 but only made it 28 days, and even to me it was a crappy effort. Now I do so well some days and fall off horribly others. I don't know why, and I don't know how to stop. I felt over the moon during my Whole30 and after and I know I don't feel as good and I know my activity levels are worse. How do I get back? My husband did my first Whole30 and I tried the second one all on my own. I need so much help. I don't know what to do. :-(

Don't get down on yourself. You are human! Been there, totally get it. In fact I am currently in a OK state. I know my food relationship could be better but I think it has improved considerably compared to where I was in the beginning. My suggestion to you is first of all redefine your reason for doing whole30 in the first place. Your reason is your motivation. If your motivation is just to feel as good as you did while on whole30 then use that to drive you back into it! One thing that has helped me is mini resets. Whole7's and whole14's. Considering it hasn't been too long since your last successfully round it shouldn't take too long for your body to start feeling good again. Perhaps even prepare for a mini round. Is your sugar dragon the biggest culprit here? If so start slowly cutting sugar in order to prepare so there isn't such a big a shock. Is your pantry out of wack? Maybe clean house and start having compliant foods prepped and ready to go so if you are feeling snacky or unprepared for dinner you have healthy options already waiting for you at home. Again those are just examples! There is nothing wrong with baby steps. This is your journey nobody else's. Do you follow whole30 on snapchat? They post daily and offer good tips and tricks as well as whole30 news. Keeps the lifestyle on your mind. Good luck!

57 minutes ago, riss.stewart said:

I did the January Whole30 and kept it Whole30ish until May then I fell off the wagon. In the middle of June I started another Whole30 but only made it 28 days, and even to me it was a crappy effort. Now I do so well some days and fall off horribly others. I don't know why, and I don't know how to stop. I felt over the moon during my Whole30 and after and I know I don't feel as good and I know my activity levels are worse. How do I get back? My husband did my first Whole30 and I tried the second one all on my own. I need so much help. I don't know what to do. :-(

You don't mention doing your reintroductions after your January Whole30. If you didn't do those, I urge you to do a proper reintroduction after your next Whole30. The reintroduction is as important as the Whole30 and will give you information about exactly how off plan foods affect you. That information in turn will help you make better decisions about your food as you "ride your own bike."

Archived