Starting Sep. 1 with friends!

btone88

Hello new Whole30 friends! My name is Sam and I'm a professional singer living in Boston, MA. I am a pretty fit and nutritionally informed 28 y/o but because my body is my instrument and I feel one can always feel healthier and look better, I have listened to the testimonials of my friends who have completed Whole30 and decided to take the plunge. I currently eat 6 meals per day, each of which I prepare myself and weigh out each different ingredient for. I almost never eat out except on special occasions or when I am traveling on a gig. Honestly, what I am most nervous about is not the foods I will be giving up (most notably grains, yogurt, and alcohol) but rather giving up my very set meal prep and eating schedule! The idea of letting my body tell me when I am hungry rather than eating every 3 hours without fail, and not being so anal about weighing out each individual thing I put in my mouth is daunting. I've been eating this way since I was 22! But I believe that being more aware of how the food I am eating makes me feel, and the messages it sends to my brain after eating will really feel great in the long run. Plus, I am looking forward to seeing how cutting out grains and alcohol effects my system in any and all ways. I've got to keep my immune system in top shape at all times! So as a first timer, does anyone else have suggestions for someone who is coming from an already health-nut (but different than Whole30) lifestyle?? Looking forward to it!

Hey there Sam,

I also live in Boston and will be kicking off a Whole 30 on September 1 as well, though this will be my second round.  I can't think of much advice to offer, especially since you seem pretty disciplined in the kitchen already.  I struggled with food boredom the first time and will be trying to keep things mixed up and try some new recipes.  Please feel free to reach out.  It would be way cool to have a friend to chat with during the our Whole 30, especially one who is local!

Cheers,

Meg

Hey Meg!

Great to hear that another Bostonian is also beginning on Sep. 1! I actually have a group of people starting at the same time as you and I so I am hoping we can all share recipes and and ideas throughout the month. Do you have Pinterest? I started a board of recipes and if you've got an account I'd be happy to make you a collaborator for it - especially since this is your second time!

Let's keep in touch!

Excellent!  I do have Pinterest; my username is my full name, Meghan Emidy.  I'd love to be a part of that.  Maybe we could organize a Whole30 potluck or something during the month of September too!  Delicious food and support built right in!

Archived