Starting Mon 29 August

Melt

Hi Melt and brightah24.

I am also starting tomorrow. Did a bunch of shopping, prep and some cooking today. I am both really excited and really nervous. I don't think I've ever really followed through on a goal type thing before.

Best wishes to you both.

Hey there! Hubs and I are starting tomorrow as well. This will be my second Whole30, though my first one was in March 2014. This time will be a bit trickier because I work full time now- last time I was unemployed so I had lots of time for cooking and cleaning and shopping. But this time with hubs helping, it might be easier. I remember how great I felt at the end of the last Whole30 and I'm looking forward to feeling that way again. 

Leet's do this thing!

This is my second round too. First time was Jan 2015 and I had great results. I have tried several times since then but never made it to day 30 again. I am eating too much junk and need to clean up my diet.  I'm using the forum this time for support in hopes to make it the full 30 days!! Day 2 completed, so far so good. 

Day 2 complete and doing pretty good! I've gotten a headache today and yesterday- probly from the lack of Diet Coke. The headache will go away soon. I know I could drink black coffee, but yuck. 

I'm finding it quite an adjustment to prep lunches for work. And I'm not a morning person so I take breakfast too. Lots of food to carry on the bus. 

And I'm already less bloated and that feels awesome!!

How is everyone else doing?

Hi, how did day 4-5 go? These 2 days are usually AWFUL for me, but this time a round it wasn't that bad. I'm worried I've missed something since I did not want to 'KILL all things'.  I am eating 3 meals day, rarely hungry between and drinking lots of water. I've been more prepared meal wise this round which is helping a lot, really takes the stress out of the day when my meals are already made! Good luck with day six, so glad 'nap day' falls on a weekend!

Hey everyone...I also started on 29 August so this is Day 6 for me. I'm feeling very in control as well all the other things you mention brightah24. My scary time is around 4 pm. I call it The Witching Hour (a.k.a. Happy Hour). Twice in the last week I've been so tense and fighting with myself for control that I've ended up in tears. Texting some of my friends helped. I was so SO very happy that I made it through to the other side and kept in control. Each morning this week when I awoke, I was feeling so happy and physically better. Holding on to that feeling is what I'm using for each Witching Hour to get me through. Based on my 1st round in Jan when I made it 3 weeks, I know this will get better.

Hope you are all hanging in there and it's getting better and easier.

Cheers!

Congrats on your successes! Since day 5, I've had brief but fierce flashes of chocolate and soda cravings. I'm going to start calling that the Witching Hour (haha!) Compliant, flavored sparkling water and patience helps. Luckily my office keeps a steady supply of FREE and chilled compliant sparkling waters. I'm so lucky. 

It's Day 6 now and I'm feeling pretty darn excellent. I've also been drinking tons of water. Although I had headaches on days 1-4, I didn't have one on day 5! And the headache on day 4 might have been more computer-work related. I think I need new lenses in my glasses... Also, I'm not bloated anymore and I'd forgotten what that feels like! The lack of bloat leads me to my... 

First NSV! I bought a pair of jeans from a boutique about 2 weeks ago, in the largest size available (size 14, normally I'm a size 16), and they were very very snug. I could get them buttoned and zipped, but oh how they dug into my belly upon sitting. I tried them on yesterday. Still snug. Less muffin-top. Not cutting me in half!! I wore them comfortably all day. After just 5 days!!! Emotion? Stoked!

I forgot to mention! Hubs found the only store in Seattle that carries the Whole30 approved bacon! And it was DELICIOUS. But so expensive. $8 for 10 ounces. Maybe it costs less outside of a popular hipster neighborhood in Seattle? 

We also found 2 more people doing a Whole30 while we were at the store! 

WOW, I'm glad I looked in here.... I also started my whole30 August 29, and am feeling pretty good.  I invested in a vegghetti to make zucchini pasta and sauteed it in garlic and olive oil with ground chicken, peppers and onions and threw in a can of organic diced tomatoes and WOW it was yummy.  I look forward to reading posts from members that started the same time I did :D  Made my own ghee this past weekend and though it's a little time consuming it's well worth it compared to what you pay for it in the stores.  Next endeavor is to make my own almond milk that should be interesting lol!!!!  Good luck and happy healthy eating!

7 hours ago, PatriciaNY said:

WOW, I'm glad I looked in here.... I also started my whole30 August 29, and am feeling pretty good.  I invested in a vegghetti to make zucchini pasta and sauteed it in garlic and olive oil with ground chicken, peppers and onions and threw in a can of organic diced tomatoes and WOW it was yummy.  I look forward to reading posts from members that started the same time I did :D  Made my own ghee this past weekend and though it's a little time consuming it's well worth it compared to what you pay for it in the stores.  Next endeavor is to make my own almond milk that should be interesting lol!!!!  Good luck and happy healthy eating!

Cool - I want to try Almond Milk too. I am a mayo-making crazy person too. I will never go back to processed mayo. So easy to make. Will have to try ghee too and will try your zuke noodle chicken veggie concoction. Cheers!

C

Day 11 - NSV at a business dinner, I was able to stay whole 30 compliant. Ordered seltzer water with lime instead of wine, avoided the appetizers  (they had my favorite goat cheese!), ordered my filet without the demi glaze, a wedge salad with oil and vinegar and had my carrot cake to go so my coworker could take it home to her husband. It was hard but I did it and am so proud of myself for not giving in!! Day 11 completed, bring on day 12! :)

Just found this group! :) I too started August 29 - my second round (did one in April/May). Yay! We've made it half way. Congrats everyone! This round has been much easier for me. I didn't stray that far after the first round but definitely needed a reset. I noticed right away that I really do sleep better and my resting heart rate is slower. I'm an avid cyclist so the first week I felt a bit sluggish but now I feel great.  Biggest helps for me are drinking a lot of water and texting with a Whole30 buddy. March on everyone. We've got this!  :)

Day 19 - my clothes fit better, my coworkers are noticing I am loosing weight, I have had several people comment that my skin is glowing. I met friends out for drinks and was happy with water! I'm dreading meal prep this weekend. I'll have to find some new recipes bc food boredom is setting in, I have no desire to eat.  How is everybody else doing?  Has anybody found a good crock pot recipe they are willing to share? 

Hope you are doing great, enjoy the weekend. 

Well gang we're all 3/4's of the way there, I hope your all doing well!!!  I'm noticing a lot of changes in myself, and so have my dr's.  Blood sugars are way down and my insulin intake has gone from 38 to 24 and that is a major goal for me to get off the insulin.  I don't even have a desire for the other  lets just call it JUNK food that I used to eat, actually I wouldn't even call it food!  I'm feeling better have more pep in my step and someone from work yesterday said wow you look amazing I can tell your loosing weight, that made me happy for sure!  Still haven't made the Almond milk yet but that's coming.  This week I'm going to get coconut flour, unsweetened organic flaked coconut, and I'm going to make coconut shrimp (made sure everything was compliant ;).  Actually having fun with all of this and have already told my doctors this is a life change for me!!!  I hope your all doing well with your Journey, and I hope you all keep posting so we can keep track of each other.  Let's call ourselves " The August 29ers"  lol Hope all is well with everyone!!!

Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great! I too feel much better. I stayed Whole30 esque since I did the first one in April, but this has definitely put me back on track. I have noticed in particular that I am sleeping better/longer again, my resting heart rate has dropped to about 56, my blood pressure is normalized and I have more energy for my runs and rides. It has helped this time that I have a local, in-town buddy too!! 

I must admit that I on Sept 17th ate something not on whole30, but RESTARTED Sept 18th I could kick myself but got right back at it again so my new whole30 completion date is October 17th.  I know I can do this i was weakened by a pot luck dinner because I wanted a small piece of meatloaf that would've been fine had there been NO BREADCRUMBS!!! ugghh lol but I'm NOT going to ever do that again, I felt like crap upon going home from it so I came to the realization that I'm stronger then my temptations.  Congrats to those of you who completed your whole30 without a hitch HOOORAHHHH!!!

Archived